From: Aniket on
Internet Explorer application uses "Internet Explorer_Server" class type
window to display the web pages. I want to detect whether the Horizontal
Scroll bar is currently enabled/displayed or not. Using different methods we
can get the handle of the "Internet Explorer_Server" the child window of
Internet Explorer.
I used GetScrollBarInfo () method and passed it the handle of the window
with OBJID_HSCROLL as a second parameter but the function alwasy returns
STATE_SYSTEM_INVISIBLE in rgstate[0] even if the Horizontal scroll bar is
displayed.
Using Spy++, I came to know that the style WS_HSCROLL is not set for this
window so as per the remark given in MSDN for GetScrollBarInfo (), I assumed
that the Hscrollbar might be custom control so passed the OBJID_CLIENT value
as a second parameter to GetScrollBarInfo (). But with this the function call
fails and returns a zero value and surprisingly the GetLastError () and
FormatMessage () says "The operation executed successfully" !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which method should I use to check if the Horizontal Scroll bar is displyed
in "Internet Explorer_Server" window

Note:
1. I have verified with Spy ++ that the window handle retrieved is correct
and is that of the "Internet Explorer_Server" child window of Internet
Explorer app instance currently running.
2. GetScorllBarInfo () is working perfectly fine with other windows like
Notepad, VC++ IDE etc.

Thanks in advance

Aniket