From: Peter Olcott on
I am getting pixels from a memory device context and they are coming
back as BRG order instead of RGB order. How can I get then to come in
RGB order. I am using CDC::GetPixel(X, Y);
From: Peter Olcott on
On 6/10/2010 1:43 PM, Peter Olcott wrote:
> I am getting pixels from a memory device context and they are coming
> back as BRG order instead of RGB order. How can I get then to come in
> RGB order. I am using CDC::GetPixel(X, Y);

http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/aspnet/29555797/cdcgetpixel-and-getdi.aspx

The above is the answer from the last time that I asked this question.
From: Joseph M. Newcomer on
Note that the result of GetPixel is a COLORREF. If you want the compnents of a COLORREF,
you should use the macros GetRValue, GetGValue and GetBValue.

Note that an RGB triple is in hex 00BBGGRR

I have never had GetPixel give me other than RGB triples, so without seeing the code you
are using to interpret the values, there is no way to tell what is going on.
joe

On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 13:43:03 -0500, Peter Olcott <NoSpam(a)OCR4Screen.com> wrote:

>I am getting pixels from a memory device context and they are coming
>back as BRG order instead of RGB order. How can I get then to come in
>RGB order. I am using CDC::GetPixel(X, Y);
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer(a)flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
From: Peter Olcott on
On 6/10/2010 8:03 PM, Joseph M. Newcomer wrote:
> Note that the result of GetPixel is a COLORREF. If you want the compnents of a COLORREF,
> you should use the macros GetRValue, GetGValue and GetBValue.
>
> Note that an RGB triple is in hex 00BBGGRR
>
> I have never had GetPixel give me other than RGB triples, so without seeing the code you
> are using to interpret the values, there is no way to tell what is going on.
> joe

You already answered this Joe, here is your original answer:

From: Liviu on
"Peter Olcott" <NoSpam(a)OCR4Screen.com> wrote...
> On 6/10/2010 1:43 PM, Peter Olcott wrote:
>> I am getting pixels from a memory device context and they are coming
>> back as BRG order instead of RGB order. How can I get then to come in
>> RGB order. I am using CDC::GetPixel(X, Y);
>
> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/aspnet/29555797/cdcgetpixel-and-getdi.aspx
>
> The above is the answer from the last time that I asked this question.

Are you implying that the answer was not right the first time,
or do you somehow expect a different, yet still right, answer now?

Liviu