From: shiva on
How can i read the device details of an USB device using SDK.
i got the handle to device using "CreateFile" function.
But i am not getting the proper "dwIoControlCode" value to use with
"DeviceIoCtl" function.
Can any one tell me pls..?
I not have installed DDK in my system.

Thanks in advance

Shiva

From: Uwe Sieber on

On arrival of the device you get DBT_DEVICEARRIVAL with
GUID_DEVINTERFACE_USB_DEVICE in dbi->dbcc_classguid. In
dbi->dbcc_name you find the device path of the USB device
like this:
\\?\USB#Vid_067b&Pid_2517#6&12115ad4&2&1#{GUID}
As you can see it includes VID and PID.

Uwe

From: shiva on
Yaa.. hats correct.
in my project i need to read whole device descriptor of USB device
along with pid, vid.
Is it possible to read using only SDK.

Pls lemme know

From: Uwe Sieber on

Have a look at the UsbView sample that comes with
the Windows DDK and the DisplayUSB sample from Intel:
http://www.intel.com/intelpress/usb/examples/DUSBVC.PDF

Uwe