From: Aahz on
In article <hp0ki2$env$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
Alf P. Steinbach <alfps(a)start.no> wrote:

>I think it was EMI who once distributed a nasty rootkit (and yes, it
>was theirs, it was not an accident) as a copy protection scheme on a
>music CD.

Sony, and I still (mostly) boycott Sony. (I buy no Sony hardware, but
because Sony owns a movie studio, it's a little more difficult to boycott
Sony DVDs.)
--
Aahz (aahz(a)pythoncraft.com) <*> http://www.pythoncraft.com/

Why is this newsgroup different from all other newsgroups?
From: timo verbeek on
On Apr 1, 12:48 am, Abethebabe <abrahamalra...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I wanted to know if there was a way I could get a Python program to
> run off of my flash drive as soon as the computer (Windows) detected
> the device?
>
> For example I could have a a simple program that would create a text
> document on the computers desktop when my flash drive is detected.

You could use Autorun.inf if your using Windows but for linux I don't
now