From: Tim Haughton on
Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me get a scalable thumbnail from Vista.

Vista has a new COM API, IThumbnailCache which backs on to Vista's global
thumbnail store. Unfortunately, I can't find it I know it's there, it's in
MSDN. I've imported shell32.dll into my C# project which generates all the
COM coclasses, but it's not there.

I've downloaded a spreadsheet detailing all the new Vista APIs and where
they can be found, but this says IThumbnailCache is in uuid.dll, which I
can't find on my system.

Does anyone know where I can find it?

Does anyone have any example code?

Cheers,

Tim

http://www.dotnoodle.com - The DotNet Search.

From: Jim Barry on
Tim Haughton wrote:
> Vista has a new COM API, IThumbnailCache which backs on to Vista's
> global thumbnail store. Unfortunately, I can't find it I know it's
> there, it's in MSDN. I've imported shell32.dll into my C# project
> which generates all the COM coclasses, but it's not there.

It's in thumbcache.dll. It doesn't have a type library, but I expect you can figure it out from the IDL file.

--
Jim Barry, MVP (Windows SDK)