From: Phil Hibbs on
Jonathan de Boyne Pollardwrote:
> ... you shouldput down the chocolate-covered banana, step away from the European currency systems, and solve your real problem.  As M. Steinbach mentioned, you can telltelnetto log-in as a given user via command-line options.

Please, I know what I am doing, I still want to do what I originally
asked, which is to get a console buffer handle from either a process
ID or a window handle.

Phil Hibbs.
From: Alf P. Steinbach on
* Phil Hibbs:
> Jonathan de Boyne Pollardwrote:
>> ... you shouldput down the chocolate-covered banana, step away from
>> the European currency systems, and solve your real problem. As M.
>> Steinbach mentioned, you can telltelnetto log-in as a given user via
>> command-line options.
>
> Please, I know what I am doing, I still want to do what I originally
> asked, which is to get a console buffer handle from either a process
> ID or a window handle.

Why don't you read also the parts of Jonathan de Boyne Pollard's article that
you chose to not quote.

He mentioned another solution to your stated technical problem.

It's a good idea to read the articles that one replies to. Also, Jonathan's
advice to put down the chocolate-covered banana is good. It's probably not a
solution to your real problem, whatever that is.

Cheers & hth.,

- Alf
From: Phil Hibbs on
Alf P. Steinbach wrote:
> Why don't you read also the parts of Jonathan de Boyne Pollard's article that
> you chose to not quote.
>
> He mentioned another solution to your stated technical problem.

All I saw was how to log in, I didn't see anything about running more
commands after that and interrogating the output.

> Cheers & hth.,

No, didn't help at all.

Phil.
From: Alf P. Steinbach on
* Phil Hibbs:
> Alf P. Steinbach wrote:
>> Why don't you read also the parts of Jonathan de Boyne Pollard's article that
>> you chose to not quote.
>>
>> He mentioned another solution to your stated technical problem.
>
> All I saw was how to log in, I didn't see anything about running more
> commands after that and interrogating the output.
>
>> Cheers & hth.,
>
> No, didn't help at all.

Then, perhaps really *read* that article.

Say, make yourself stop completely after each sentence. Before moving on,
contemplate what that sentence said. Be sure that you really understood the
sentence that you just read, before moving on to the next.

If there is a sentence that is unclear, just ask about it (I'm sure Jonathan
will supply additional details & explanations if requested).

Cheers & hth.,

- Alf

PS: remember, really *read* -- one sentence at a time.
From: Phil Hibbs on
Alf P. Steinbach wrote:
> PS: remember, really *read*  --  one sentence at a time.

Done that. I still don't understand what you are getting at. Perhaps
it's best that you conclude that I am an idiot, and ignore me. Maybe
someone else will come along that is helpful.

Phil.