From: BGCSOCAL on
I've removed mailboxes for some people that have left our employ and they now
only appear in the disconnected mailboxes view. Will they ultimately go away
on their own or is there something I need to do to "really" get rid of them?
--
Bettie
From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 14:19:03 -0800, BGCSOCAL
<BGCSOCAL(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I've removed mailboxes for some people that have left our employ and they now
>only appear in the disconnected mailboxes view. Will they ultimately go away
>on their own or is there something I need to do to "really" get rid of them?

They should disappear on their own after the deleted mailbox expiry
time has elapsed.

You can remove them from the database of you really want to.
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
From: thedriver (Tee) on
Hey Bettie,
Generally they'll be purged after the next backup of Exchange and the
subsequent deleted mailbox retention time that is configured passes.

You can force them to be removed sooner in Exchange System Manager (ESM) by
running the cleanup agent; R click on the Mailbox Store (in the Storage
Group) and select 'Run Cleanup Agent'.

Then R click on the mailbox (in the Mailbox Store of the Storage Group) and
select 'Purge'.
From: BGCSOCAL on
Thanks to both of you.
--