From: Kenneth Tilton on
On 8/10/2010 4:58 PM, George Neuner wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 15:35:30 -0400, Kenneth Tilton
> <kentilton(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 8/10/2010 1:59 PM, George Neuner wrote:

>>> Kenny, what level of student is this aimed at?
>>
>> What do you mean by level? Obviously kids who do not know the basics of
>> Algebra.
>
> I thought this a simple question.
>
> Kids who don't know algebra covers a lot of territory - everything
> from pre-schoolers to seniors in four-year colleges.
>
> Are you targeting specific grade levels? Is there a minimum grade
> level recommended so that the user can understand directions?

Oh, my. The question was as stupid as I thought it was. I tend to target
X at people needing X. What the hell do you do? If you offer anything,
of course, which I have to doubt.

Back in the day I actually once sold the desktop app to a couple of
senior citizens who decided to learn Algebra just for the heck of it. Go
figure. Well, in your case figuring seems to be a serious challenge, but
I am not sure how to spoon feed you more than I have.

>>> And is it blind/handicapped friendly?
>>
>> Not yet on blind. You need to say what you mean by "handicapped".
>
> Handicapped as in the person may have trouble working a mouse and/or
> may have trouble typing normally.

How does that question come up first on your list of concerns about how
to help the whole planet learn Algebra? Are you just deliberately being
a jerk? Not that I have much doubt.

>> I think you need my upcoming writing tutor. :)
>
> I think you need to lay off the caffeine ... you've been pretty testy
> lately.

You are right. I thought you were a bright person writing badly when in
fact...um...you have been writing quite well.

hth, kt

ps. don't bother, I am about to optimize my Usenet existence.

--
http://www.stuckonalgebra.com
"The best Algebra tutorial program I have seen... in a class by itself."