From: Kenneth Tilton on
Ooooh, eye candy! http://teamalgebra.com/#

Almost done save substantial testing/debugging.

Next step is saving homework entered and maybe also missions passed just
for the heck of it. As with a video game, the objective is completing
the mission, and that is already recorded.

If anyone knows a school who wants to be a pilot lemme know. NYC preferred.

kt

--
http://www.stuckonalgebra.com
"The best Algebra tutorial program I have seen... in a class by itself."
From: George Neuner on
On Mon, 09 Aug 2010 13:12:03 -0400, Kenneth Tilton
<kentilton(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>Ooooh, eye candy! http://teamalgebra.com/#
>
>Almost done save substantial testing/debugging.
>
>Next step is saving homework entered and maybe also missions passed just
>for the heck of it. As with a video game, the objective is completing
>the mission, and that is already recorded.
>
>If anyone knows a school who wants to be a pilot lemme know. NYC preferred.
>
>kt

Kenny, what level of student is this aimed at? And is it
blind/handicapped friendly?

George
From: Kenneth Tilton on
On 8/10/2010 1:59 PM, George Neuner wrote:
> On Mon, 09 Aug 2010 13:12:03 -0400, Kenneth Tilton
> <kentilton(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Ooooh, eye candy! http://teamalgebra.com/#
>>
>> Almost done save substantial testing/debugging.
>>
>> Next step is saving homework entered and maybe also missions passed just
>> for the heck of it. As with a video game, the objective is completing
>> the mission, and that is already recorded.
>>
>> If anyone knows a school who wants to be a pilot lemme know. NYC preferred.
>>
>> kt
>
> Kenny, what level of student is this aimed at?

What do you mean by level? Obviously kids who do not know the basics of
Algebra.

> And is it
> blind/handicapped friendly?

Not yet on blind. You need to say what you mean by "handicapped".

I think you need my upcoming writing tutor. :)

kt

From: Kenneth Tilton on

And now a bit more polished: http://www.teamalgebra.com/

>> Kenny, what level of student is this aimed at?

As I mentioned to David, the NY Times has a story about community
college kids needing to learn Algebra, and I have already spoken to
several community college folks at math/education shows a coupel of
years ago who said the same. Basically it's kids getting seriously
belatedly about getting schooled up and they have to make up what they
forgot or never learned from high school.

The mainstream student is an eighth or ninth grader. eg, California
recently and controversially mandated Algebra for eighth graders, not
that they have the resources to make that happen.

On the low end, I imagine gifted kids in elementary school doing quite
well in Algebra.

On an even older end, a guy down at my bar said there would be a good
market amongst folks taking police/fire exams.

kt

From: George Neuner on
On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 15:35:30 -0400, Kenneth Tilton
<kentilton(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>On 8/10/2010 1:59 PM, George Neuner wrote:
>> On Mon, 09 Aug 2010 13:12:03 -0400, Kenneth Tilton
>> <kentilton(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Ooooh, eye candy! http://teamalgebra.com/#
>>>
>>> Almost done save substantial testing/debugging.
>>>
>>> Next step is saving homework entered and maybe also missions passed just
>>> for the heck of it. As with a video game, the objective is completing
>>> the mission, and that is already recorded.
>>>
>>> If anyone knows a school who wants to be a pilot lemme know. NYC preferred.
>>>
>>> kt
>>
>> Kenny, what level of student is this aimed at?
>
>What do you mean by level? Obviously kids who do not know the basics of
>Algebra.

I thought this a simple question.

Kids who don't know algebra covers a lot of territory - everything
from pre-schoolers to seniors in four-year colleges.

Are you targeting specific grade levels? Is there a minimum grade
level recommended so that the user can understand directions?

>> And is it blind/handicapped friendly?
>
>Not yet on blind. You need to say what you mean by "handicapped".

Handicapped as in the person may have trouble working a mouse and/or
may have trouble typing normally. Does your site work as expected if
user accessibility options are enabled on the client computer? Is the
site usable if the display is in high contrast or in low resolution?

>I think you need my upcoming writing tutor. :)

I think you need to lay off the caffeine ... you've been pretty testy
lately.

>kt

George