From: Charlie on
Hi,

I need to find the total sales for a customer, I have tried the Group by
function but it just groups the company name in ascending order. My fields
are: Client_Name, Rep, InvoicePeriod, InvoiceYear, Total
I will also need to group by Invoice Period in relevant year.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks in advance.

Charlotte
From: Duane Hookom on
You can't group by customer since you don't list a customer field.

--
Duane Hookom
MS Access MVP

From: kc-mass on
Hi Charlie,

I think you want to Group by Client_Name, InvoiceYear and InvoicePeriod and
then
sum your Total.

Regards

Kevin

From: Charlie on
Thank you for coming back to me, I am running Access 2002 at work and it
just was not doing it, however running the query at home on a 2007 version
gave me the exact results I was looking for.

Charlotte