From: Amy U on
Why are actual hours automatically appearing on a resources timesheet? They
go to open their timesheet and there are hours there that they did not log.
From: Barbara Henhapl on
Hi Amy,

does the project manager of these tasks update project progress manually? If
he does (e.g. set %complete in his project plan), 'Work' for each day will
be copied to 'Actual Work' for a period. These hours will be pre-populated
in timesheets. If my assumption is correct, tell them to change remaining
work rather than %complete to update their project progress.

Regards
Barbara

P.s.: This forum will be closed in the near future. For new questions
regarding Project Server you should have a look at
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/projectserver2010general
(don't get confused by "2010" in the name)

From: Amy U on
Barbara,

I checked with the PM and here was her response,

"I do not manage my plans that way. The only time that I modify % complete
is if I remove all work and the % does not change. Below is an example of
when I might modify the % complete, but again only if work is zero.

Example: Task never started and determined it was not needed. Remove
remaining work using task usage view. Modify % complete in either the task
detail or column inserted in view."

Your thoughts?