From: Jim on
So what's the story here?? Anybody tried it?
From: SimonC on
"Jim" <madonspam(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> So what's the story here?? Anybody tried it?

I've got myself a SIM and just waiting a day or two to apply for my PAC from
O2 and port over - already tried the SIM in my iPhone and it seems to work
just fine. giffgaff seems like a good option for low call/text users who use
the net quite a bit (which is me). 8p calls, 4p texts and free to other
giffgaffers (and free data for a few months till they decide what and how to
charge for it), and not forgetting free 0800 too.

From what I've seen of the "people-powered support" it seems to work
reasonably well (though the payback element of it I think will be no more than
a "oh that's nice" rather than a genuine reason to use them - the bonuses for
getting others to sign up are far more substantial). It's easy to get onto
the "proper" customer support if you need them via the "Ask an agent" links
(though it's all web-based rather than call centre). I think the interesting
part will be how they decide to price the data from May 2010, and whether they
will stick with the simple 8p/4p tariff or introduce bundles for heavier users
(since currently it doesn't offer particuarly good value for those who use
more than about 150 mins & text a month).

If you do fancy giving them a go then feel free to pop my username down
(simon69c) - ta! :)