From: OldSchool on
> > search for
> > sshpass
> > in:
> > groups.google.com/group/comp.unix.shell/topics?gvc=2
>
> Question is very simple ,  I have script   for executing passwd
> command

yes, its a simple question and its been asked many times before. The
problem is that passwd behaves in such a way that you can't do what
you want directly from a script.

the "classic" solution is to load/install "Expect". The last time I
looked, it came w/ "autopasswd" script (or some such) that can be
used, either directly or as a model....

a (possibly) better solution, to which you were already referred, is
to set up ssh keys and let that do the authentication.....
From: Maxwell Lol on
pavunkumar <pavun.bks(a)gmail.com> writes:

> Instead of prompting , it needs to get the password from some
> variable.

If you do this, there is a very strong chance that someone else on the
computer can learn the password. This is why people question your
design. It's not secure, and people don;t want to teach people bad
programming technique.