Prev: New HP 50G Owner
Next: EMU48
From: am on
Is there any way of accessing global variables with HP-GCC? I mean the
usual variables that one can save in the Home directory or in its
subdirectories, like PPAR, EPS, CASINFO. I am particularly interested
in the special variable PICT... is it possible to manipulate grobs with
hpgcc?
TIA

From: Jean-Yves Avenard on
am wrote:
> Is there any way of accessing global variables with HP-GCC? I mean the
> usual variables that one can save in the Home directory or in its
> subdirectories, like PPAR, EPS, CASINFO. I am particularly interested
> in the special variable PICT... is it possible to manipulate grobs with
> hpgcc?
PICT isn't a global variable as such.
You can directly work with it using the pointer stored in (=GDISP)

JY
From: am on
> PICT isn't a global variable as such.
> You can directly work with it using the pointer stored in (=GDISP)

Can you please give me an example of how to use it with hpgcc?
Thanks

From: Claudio Lapilli on
Hi,

am wrote:
> Is there any way of accessing global variables with HP-GCC?

Yes, look for the sat_dir... functions. You can traverse subdirectories
and read variables. However, this is read-only, you cannot write to
these variables (at least for now, we'll try to add this feature in the
future).

> I mean the
> usual variables that one can save in the Home directory or in its
> subdirectories, like PPAR, EPS, CASINFO. I am particularly interested
> in the special variable PICT... is it possible to manipulate grobs with
> hpgcc?

hpgcc doesn't have specific functions to directly manipulate grobs yet.
You can write them on your own using sat_peek and sat_poke. If you do,
please share them.

To access PICT, you will need to get the address from GDISP like JYA
explained to you. In C you would write...

#define SAT_GDISP 0x806e4

.... <<your function declaration here>> ...

int pict_addr=sat_peek(SAT_GDISP,5);

and now pict_addr is pointing to the prolog if the grob. Your grob
manipulation functions should peek/poke here at your will. You can get
the grob data structure from any sysrpl book/online doc.

Regards,
Claudio

From: John H Meyers on
On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 19:33:45 -0500, Claudio Lapilli wrote:

>> Is there any way of accessing global variables with HP-GCC?

> Yes, look for the sat_dir... functions. You can traverse subdirectories
> and read variables. However, this is read-only, you cannot write to
> these variables (at least for now, we'll try to add this feature
> in the future).

Could you implement a "server" -- i.e. an RPL program
which would accept any commands to be executed in RPL mode
(using a new or saved stack, say),
then return to where you suspended HPGCC mode?

If you had that, then you could have HPGCC programs
perform any desired RPL commands, and would not need
to add individual specific features to HPGCC.

[r->] [OFF]
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: New HP 50G Owner