From: Mike Dougherty on
OK, you were such a great help to me last time that I thought I'd take
advantage of you again.

I have downloaded EMU48 (v1.41) from the hp.org site, and ran the set
up which installed it in C:\Program Files\HP-Emulators (So I think I
did that part right.)

Then I went to Christopher Giesslink's site (sorry about the
Americanization of your last name) and downloaded the HP49 ROM he
recommends, once again from the hp.org site, called calc.exe. This
is, in fact an entire hp 49g calculator emulator, including the ROM,
or, at least something that calls itself 'rom.e49'.

Unfortunately I can't get either emulator, EMU48, or Calc to work.
Calc comes up, looks good, but nothing comes up on the calculator
screen when I push the keys (but the key pushes look good, though).

EMU48 never really gets there, and says that it can't find the ROM. I
also copied the 'calc' rom to the EMU48 directory, but that didn't
help, either.

I own a 49+, but I understand from reading on your site that you can't
effectively download that rom, and besides, I think I should be able
to do what I'm trying anyway.

What am I doing wrong?

Mike

ps I tried to run "convert" but it just flashes and never really
boots. It seems to be an old DOS program and I'm running XP Pro. Is
that an issue? wmd
From: Heiko Arnemann on
"Mike Dougherty" <mikedougherty(a)comcast.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> OK, you were such a great help to me last time that I thought I'd take
> advantage of you again.

Hi Mike,
download debug4x (7.5 MByte) from
http://www.debug4x.com/

it includes the ROM you need and it
is using emu48 from Christoph, for different
calculators.

Very easy to install and easy to
start emulators for several hp calculators.

Best regards
Heiko

From: Mike Dougherty on
Thanks. Debug works just fine, and looks good, too.

The only problem is that it's just a little bit too big for my screen
-- just one row -- so I have to adjust the window. Not very
convienent, but this is great freeware, so I can't really complain.

Mike

From: Heiko Arnemann on

> The only problem is that it's just a little bit too big for my screen
> -- just one row -- so I have to adjust the window. Not very
> convienent, but this is great freeware, so I can't really complain.

Uups,
the next step for you might be to get a convinient kml-script
form www.hpcalc.org or adjust your existing or buy a new PC screen :-)

Best regards
Heiko

From: John H Meyers on
On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 12:41:24 -0500, Mike Dougherty wrote:

> EMU48 never really gets there, and says that it can't find the ROM.

I find that Emu48 always works perfectly when directions are followed,
so you could always try again (did you start a 48 calc and only have
a 49 ROM? There are too many more possible causes to list,
especially since you did not explain the steps you actually took,
but inspecting ".kml" files [with Notepad/Writepad] sometimes also helps).

> ps I tried to run "convert"

No need with the posted files that are already for Emu48.

> The only problem is that [Debug4x] is just a little bit too big
> for my screen -- just one row -- so I have to adjust the window.

Even its "800x600" 50G image doesn't fit in actual 800x600 resolution,
so I just use the original Emu48 :)

> I originally made the subject 'EMU48' and the server buried it
> under a post of the same name back in 2003.

What server? Most people's news readers (and Google)
will find all new (and unread) posts, even those titled "Question"
(possibly the most popular subject ever posted :)

[r->] [OFF]
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Global variables and HP-GCC