From: Christoph Giesselink on
"Mike Dougherty" <mikedougherty(a)comcast.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> [..]
> Unfortunately I can't get either emulator, EMU48, or Calc to work.
> Calc comes up, looks good, but nothing comes up on the calculator
> screen when I push the keys (but the key pushes look good, though).
>
> EMU48 never really gets there, and says that it can't find the ROM. I
> also copied the 'calc' rom to the EMU48 directory, but that didn't
> help, either.

The 'calc' rom has the file extention *.E49 (rom.e49). This file extention
is in conflict with the HP49G state file extention of Emu48. So when you
used "File/Open..." you always saw also the ROM file, which is of course not
a state file. Eric Rechlin very early changed the ROM name inside his KML
scripts to ROM.49G which fit into the Emu48 rom naming convention. I agreed
so my HP49G KML scripts and almost all others from contributors all of the
world use ROM.49G.

So renaming ROM.E49 to ROM.49G should help.

I changed the ROM file naming convention in my other emulators Emu28 and
Emu42. All ROM files there have the file extention *.ROM.

I still use the classic Emu48 version without Apple family support. The gray
scale support is much better because of the highly optimized display update
in Emu48. Emu48+ use a simplyfied display update routine supporting the 80
lines of the Big Apple calculators. That's also the difference why Emu48+
(StretchBlt) has no problems with a black screen like Emu48 (BitBlt) when
running under wine on Linux. It seem that the Crossover Office developers
fixed this BitBlt() bug now. Let's hope that the bugfix will find it's way
back into the wine sources.

Regards

Christoph

From: John H Meyers on
On Wed, 06 Sep 2006 13:22:46 -0500, Christoph Giesselink wrote:

> Eric Rechlin very early changed the ROM name inside his KML
> scripts to ROM.49G which fit into the Emu48 rom naming convention.
> I agreed so my HP49G KML scripts and almost all others
> from contributors all of the world use ROM.49G

My "conventional" Windows Emu48 (v 1.42)
is still reading "rom.e49" (and "ram.e49");
of course it has simply been updated many times
with the Emu48 "service pack" [Emu48.exe alone]

And I still use the 49G face, which still fits the desktop
(in which CAT now really means EVAL and vice-versa,
just as EQW now means ['] and vice-versa :)

Don't worry -- my STARTUP tests for IsApple,
and does key setups accordingly, so
things manage to work out fine in the end :)

[r->] [OFF]
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Global variables and HP-GCC