From: Paolo Bellutta on
On Mar 22, 8:03 pm, <nos...(a)notreal.com> wrote:
> 554 Message refused.
> quit
> 221 Good bye.
> Connection closed by foreign host.

Is it possible that the mail server in question is configured to do a
reverse DNS lookup?
If so you need to make sure you have an entry for the host you are
sending the messages from.

Paolo
From: Grant Taylor on
Paolo Bellutta wrote:
> Is it possible that the mail server in question is configured to do a
> reverse DNS lookup?
>
> If so you need to make sure you have an entry for the host you are
> sending the messages from.

Very true. More and more mail servers are requiring RevDNS for them to
be willing to accept email. (I personally don't subscribe to such, but
make sure that all my mail servers have RevDNS properly set up.)

Grant. . . .