From: Roc on
I am looking for a IL reader class/framework to do custom disassembly.
I'm not looking for a tool (so no .NET Reflector et al), rather
something I can use programmatically from my classes. Free is best,
but I'm willing to consider commercial tools.

Any help would be much appreciated.
From: Patrice on
A search gave :

http://www.sourcecodeonline.com/details/il_reader_for__net.html

Can't find it but I saw once something at MS research
(research.microsoft.com) allowing to do that (perhaps as part of AOP
programming tools ?)

Though you'll still have some work you could also build on what the
framework provides :
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.reflection.methodbody.aspx

--
Patrice

"Roc" <richesla(a)hotmail.com> a �crit dans le message de groupe de discussion
: 6b28ec06-f06e-4201-8868-0f1c9d50c65a(a)s9g2000yqa.googlegroups.com...

From: Gregory A. Beamer on

"Roc" <richesla(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I am looking for a IL reader class/framework to do custom disassembly.
> I'm not looking for a tool (so no .NET Reflector et al), rather
> something I can use programmatically from my classes. Free is best,
> but I'm willing to consider commercial tools.
>
> Any help would be much appreciated.

I am going to help you by getting you to think outside the box a bit.

1. Reflector can reverse engineer .NET code (to C#, VB, IL)
2. Reflector is coded in .NET

Taking the above two statements, how can you figure out how to reverse
engineer to IL? HMMMM!

Another tool is ILDASM, which I think may also be written in .NET.

--
Peace and Grace,
Greg

Twitter: @gbworld