From: Martin H. on
Hello,

since MS will close this newsgroup on July 1st, I would like to say good
bye to you. I got good help in this newsgroup and I would like to thank
you all again for it.

FYI: For some time I have been using the Community NNTP Bridge and can
be found in MS's forums (more reading then writing though). Until today
i had no problems with the Community NNTP Bridge and Thunderbird. Maybe
it is an alternative for you too.

Best regards,

Martin

From: Roshawn on
Martin H. wrote:
> Hello,
>
> since MS will close this newsgroup on July 1st, I would like to say good
> bye to you. I got good help in this newsgroup and I would like to thank
> you all again for it.
>
> FYI: For some time I have been using the Community NNTP Bridge and can
> be found in MS's forums (more reading then writing though). Until today
> i had no problems with the Community NNTP Bridge and Thunderbird. Maybe
> it is an alternative for you too.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Martin

I'd like to say good bye as well. I'm grateful to the many people who've helped me
whenever I had issues. And I've been able to help a person or two myself.

See you all elsewhere! :)
From: mp on
This group isn't going away, just ms server.
afaik it will be available through other newsservers like eternal september
no need to abandon it for the torture of a web interface