From: Aldric Giacomoni on
Google Wave is, according to Google, "the new email". It combines email,
their idea of working together on same documents, and versioning
control. It has lots of potential.

I playfully created a simple class for playing cards and decks and
invited a few people to it, figuring we could reinvent git (because I
bet we can outsmart Linus, you know?) or at least toy around. Then,
someone asked if this was the spot for the new Ruby Quiz, and I got this
idea..
Instead of several people working separately on a small problem, why
don't we have several people working together on a slightly bigger
problem?
My toy class for cards and decks could become a complete software for
playing cards online, complete with games, their own sets of rules, etc
etc.. But if we wait for me to code all this, it'll be a while! If,
instead, everyone pools in a bit, we can go much farther, much faster.
That's only one example of a "bigger problem" .. Maybe we just want to
implement a specific encryption algorithm, or something similar, or
create an important gem (like a gem to unrar, or something).

I'm clearly not reinventing anything - but maybe we can test the Wave's
potential for this. What do you think?

From: Arun Kumar on
okay seems good. can you elaborate on this a little more? Do you want
quizzes on wave? can we see the explanation of your cards and deck class.

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 8:21 PM, Aldric Giacomoni <aldric(a)trevoke.net>wrote:

> Google Wave is, according to Google, "the new email". It combines email,
> their idea of working together on same documents, and versioning
> control. It has lots of potential.
>
> I playfully created a simple class for playing cards and decks and
> invited a few people to it, figuring we could reinvent git (because I
> bet we can outsmart Linus, you know?) or at least toy around. Then,
> someone asked if this was the spot for the new Ruby Quiz, and I got this
> idea..
> Instead of several people working separately on a small problem, why
> don't we have several people working together on a slightly bigger
> problem?
> My toy class for cards and decks could become a complete software for
> playing cards online, complete with games, their own sets of rules, etc
> etc.. But if we wait for me to code all this, it'll be a while! If,
> instead, everyone pools in a bit, we can go much farther, much faster.
> That's only one example of a "bigger problem" .. Maybe we just want to
> implement a specific encryption algorithm, or something similar, or
> create an important gem (like a gem to unrar, or something).
>
> I'm clearly not reinventing anything - but maybe we can test the Wave's
> potential for this. What do you think?

|| श्री जानकीरघुनाथो विजयते ||

From: Aldric Giacomoni on
Arun Kumar wrote:
> okay seems good. can you elaborate on this a little more? Do you want
> quizzes on wave? can we see the explanation of your cards and deck
> class.

Well, the Ruby quiz is about going out on your own and doing your own
thing, and then comparing solutions.
With Google Wave, we can do a 'quiz' with teamwork - so we can practice
teamwork. That's the basic idea, anyway :) If you're on google wave,
here's what we had going so far:
https://wave.google.com/wave/#restored:search:TOC,restored:wave:googlewave.com!w%252BPCdSv1t-y.1

I say 'had' because I haven't seen anyone logged in in a while :)

From: Benoit Daloze on

Add me to the wave then ;)

From: Fleck Jean-Julien on
2009/12/11 Benoit Daloze <eregontp(a)gmail.com>:
> Add me to the wave then ;)

Me too !

Cheers

--