From: Don McKenzie on
Google fibre method "could save NBN $10 billion"

By Ry Crozier
Jul 26, 2010 6:56 AM

A fibre-laying technique being used by Google in an experimental US fibre network project could reduce the cost of the NBN by up
to $10 billion, according to a local company that has licensed the technology.

Broadband Network Communications (BBNC) had tendered to use "micro-trenching" to roll out fibre in urban areas to be covered by
Australia's national broadband network.
http://www.itnews.com.au/News/220918,google-fibre-method-could-save-nbn-10-billion.aspx

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map: http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
Web Camera Page: http://www.dontronics.com/webcam
No More Damn Spam: http://www.dontronics.com/spam

These products will reduce in price by 5% every month:
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/minus-5-every-month.html
From: Don McKenzie on
On 27/07/2010 2:19 PM, Noodnik wrote:
> "Don McKenzie"<5V(a)2.5A> wrote in message
>> Google fibre method "could save NBN $10 billion"
>>
>> By Ry Crozier
>> Jul 26, 2010 6:56 AM
>>
>> A fibre-laying technique being used by Google in an experimental US fibre
>> network project could reduce the cost of the NBN by up to $10 billion,
>> according to a local company that has licensed the technology.
>>
>> Broadband Network Communications (BBNC) had tendered to use
>> "micro-trenching" to roll out fibre in urban areas to be covered by
>> Australia's national broadband network.
>> http://www.itnews.com.au/News/220918,google-fibre-method-could-save-nbn-10-billion.aspx
>>
>> Cheers Don...
>>

> This looks even smarter.
>
> http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-national/sewer-pipes-may-deliver-broadband-20100703-zusk.html

You just need a small volunteer as a pull-though. :-)
(I can think of other answers, but censored myself)

see:
http://www.google.com/tisp/
for the correct answer.

Cheers Don...

From: Rod Speed on
Don McKenzie wrote
> Noodnik wrote
>> Don McKenzie<5V(a)2.5A> wrote

>>> Google fibre method "could save NBN $10 billion"

>>> By Ry Crozier
>>> Jul 26, 2010 6:56 AM

>>> A fibre-laying technique being used by Google in an experimental US
>>> fibre network project could reduce the cost of the NBN by up to $10
>>> billion, according to a local company that has licensed the technology.

>>> Broadband Network Communications (BBNC) had tendered to use
>>> "micro-trenching" to roll out fibre in urban areas to be covered by
>>> Australia's national broadband network.
>>> http://www.itnews.com.au/News/220918,google-fibre-method-could-save-nbn-10-billion.aspx

>> This looks even smarter.

Nope, its a completely stupid way to do fibre in the suburbs.