From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Why Tea" <ytlim1(a)gmail.com>

| I have got AVG installed and still infected with this virus.
| Now the hibernation doesn't work too. What is the quickest
| way to remove the virus?

| /Why Tea

This isn't an anti malware group and who said if you had malware that it was a "virus" ?
All viruses are malware but not all malware are viruses.

Choose a news group from below and repost with the actual facts of the problem...

alt.comp.virus
alt.comp.anti-virus
alt.privacy.spyware
microsoft.public.security.virus

--
Dave

From: John Corliss on
Why Tea wrote:
> I have got AVG installed and still infected with this virus.
> Now the hibernation doesn't work too. What is the quickest
> way to remove the virus?

http://www.ehow.com/how_5842581_remove-google-redirect-virus.html

or, if you can't access the website, here's what it says:
1. In order to remove Google Redirect Virus, first you need to know what
this threat is and how does it harm your computer? The malware lives up
to its name and causes redirection of search results. If you search
something on Google, this virus will redirect your to another malicious
websites and advertisements. It won't let you see genuine results from
Google. Apart from this, this virus can also do the following gimmicks :

A) It will show you errors saying that filename.exe is not a
valid WIn32 application.
B) If you download and try to install a new program, It may tell
you that setup files are corrupted and you need to download a fresh
copy. It will keep bugging you again and again.
C) It will infect Internet Explorer, Firefox and then redirect
you to malicious websites showing advertisements and pop ups.

2. It is extremely important that you remove Google Redirect virus as
soon as possible To remove Google Redirect Virus, you need to follow
these steps :

Please click on "Start-->Run". Type "devmgmt.msc" and Click on
OK. This will run Device Manager. In Device Manager, click on
"View-->Show Hidden Devices".

3. Please expand all the devices by click on the "Plus" sign. Now try to
find "TDSSserv.sys" right click Disable. Please make sure that you do
not select the Un-Install option otherwise infection will be back once
you reboot your computer.

4. After disabling the TDSSserv.sys, please download a Spyware Remover
and remove Google redirect Virus completely from your system. Please
note that you need to remove several registry entries to remove it
completely and you never know If you have other threats in your system.
Be wise and remove it with a Spyware Remover Software.

Read more: How to Remove Google Redirect Virus | eHow.com
http://www.ehow.com/how_5842581_remove-google-redirect-virus.html#ixzz0vAFksO3o

--
John Corliss BS206. Because of all the Googlespam, I block all posts
sent through Google Groups. I also block as many posts from anonymous

No ad, CD, commercial, cripple, demo, nag, share, spy, time-limited,
trial or web wares OR warez for me, please.
From: Mark Warner on
Bear Bottoms wrote:

>> What is the quickest
>> way to remove the virus?
>
> The least effective way is to do it yourself (unless you are well versed
> in this) trying various recommendations from a mix of folks with hit or
> miss results ensuring you don't clean everything.

Like this one?:

--
Mark Warner
MEPIS Linux
From: za kAT on
On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 12:17:09 -0400, Mark Warner wrote:

> Bear Bottoms wrote:
>>
>>> What is the quickest
>>> way to remove the virus?
>>
>> The least effective way is to do it yourself (unless you are well versed
>> in this) trying various recommendations from a mix of folks with hit or
>> miss results ensuring you don't clean everything.
>
> Like this one?:
>
> Bear Bottoms wrote:
>>
>> The first thing I would do is run malwarebytes. Look at the bottom of my
>> security page on bearware...for the rest.

Ho Ho. Any idea what all that bollocks about restoring backup images, and
restaging is all about. It appears they are different. I'm reluctant to ask
the great man what restaging is. Evidently it is the 'second fastest best
way', which sounds super third rate.

--
zakAT(a)pooh.the.cat - Sergeant Tech-Com, DN38416.
Assigned to protect you. You've been targeted for denigration!
From: REM on
> Why Tea <ytlim1(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>I have got AVG installed and still infected with this virus.
>Now the hibernation doesn't work too. What is the quickest
>way to remove the virus?

Uninstall AVG.

Install Avast!

Update and register Avast!