From: saeed ahmed on
i have write a script which search few element from a database. I use a text
file as input.

input file contains these kind of data

clubhouseforkids.com
cairouniversity.com
501c3nonprofit.com
mrbling.com
cellsocket.com

this is the scripts for read the file data

/**********************/
$file = fopen("files.txt", "r") or exit("Unable to open file!");

while(!feof($file))
{
$data[] = stream_get_line($file, 1000000, "\n");
}
fclose($file);
/********************/

this script worked fine for small size of file. but if i use a large size
like 900KB then its show "Got a packet bigger than 'max_allowed_packet'
bytes" .

where I'm doing wrong? please help me out there...

-----
Regards
Saeed Ahmed
http://saeed05.wordpress.com
-----
From: Rene Veerman on
yea, try executing the sql statement

set global max_allowed_packet = 500 * 1024 * 1024;

from php?? (note; it sets it to 500mb)

not sure if your mysql server will allow this.

on shared hosting, you can expect they disabled the ability to change
it from php..