From: What's in a Name? on
On Tue, 08 Jun 2010 08:27:29 -0400, RayLopez99 <raylopez88(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

> OK, live and learn. Repost since my first post got lost when Firefox
> unexpectedly disappeared from my Linux screen. But not blaming Linux
> (Damn Small Linux) since I have a Pentium II with 1 GB (!) hd and a
> few sticks of RAM. Can't expect much.

I am using Puppy Linux 4.3.1 on a Compaq Armada 1700 laptop. Dual boot
with w2k. It has a 233 PII,160mb ram,4gb drive(3gb/1gb partitions). I used
DSL before on it but puppy is much better-you should check it out. There
are a lot more updated apps available for it than DSL.
--
Virus Removal Instructions
http://sites.google.com/site/keepingwindowsclean/home
From: What's in a Name? on
On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 15:38:10 -0400, RayLopez99 <raylopez88(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Jun 30, 5:17 pm, "What's in a Name?" <maxwach...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I am using Puppy Linux 4.3.1 on a Compaq Armada 1700 laptop. Dual boot
>> with w2k. It has a 233 PII,160mb ram,4gb drive(3gb/1gb partitions). I
>> used DSL before on it but puppy is much better-you should check it out.
>> There are a lot more updated apps available for it than DSL.
>> --
>
> OK, thanks for that tip. Why version 4.3.1? Is this version made for
> older machines, or can I download the latest Puppy distro?
>
> RL
well the latest version did not detect my D-Link card-I posted this in the
puppy forums the other day. The only problem I had with 431 was that I had
to configure the sound manually. Seems that the older versions detect the
old hardware better. BTW-I just installed firefox 3.5.6 but it is a llitle
slow. Opera 10.10 works great.