|  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
serial port configuration issues and stty
I have two identical notebook computers both installed with Redhat 4.6 WS via the same kickstart script. These systems are both configured with two rs-232 ports (/dev/ttyS0 and /dev/ttyS1). These system both boot into X and use xterms that execute cu to monitor both serial ports. Both read and display data from ... 11 Aug 2010 08:10
Pleasantly surprised by Linux...for a couple of days...The ShortHappy Life of Francis Linux Macomber
Homer wrote: High Plains Thumper spake thusly: For a mechanic to listen in his shop would be considered a violation because he is a business? This is shear nonsense. I'm in the process of starting up a new business, and one of the things I'm going to do is set up a music system in the shop pla... 10 Aug 2010 21:20
cuckooo - cuckooo - cuckooo
"Aragorn" <aragorn(a)chatfactory.invalid> wrote in message news:i3pgnr$ji9$2(a)news.eternal-september.org... Coming from someone who fits that description to a tee, I take that with a grain of salt. In addition, as I said, everything that I wrote about in the previous post is documented, and *especially* *s... 9 Aug 2010 15:40
Problem solved
Hi Actually, the problem was a bad initramfs version. Now it works. Thank you anyway JPF ... 9 Aug 2010 14:33
An invalid config. of linux & xp?
Hi All, I'm new about the Linux world. I have a problem regarding Linux and XP on the same PC. Until today I had on my PC an hard disk with XP and a second empty hard disk where today I installed a debian distribution. Before started the debian setup I switched off the XP hard disk in order to avoid Linux s... 10 Aug 2010 02:36
Question if I may
I have been tinkering with Mandriva 2010.0 PowerPack on a secondary drive with Mandriva 2008.1 Spring as a main OS. What I am wondering is it possible to have the same plasma weather applet running under 2008.1 as you do under 2010 PowerPack? Thanks ... 6 Aug 2010 10:26
Pleasantly surprised by Linux...for a couple of days...TheShort Happy Life of Francis Linux Macomber
Homer posted this message in ROT13 encoding: Verily I say unto thee, that thanatoid spake thusly: For a super-fast lo-resource Win browser, check out www.offbyone.com A proprietary browser that hasn't been touched in over four years. No javascript, no flash, 100% safe browsing without bells/whi... 10 Aug 2010 02:36
Pleasantly surprised by Linux...for a couple of days...The Short Happy Life of Francis Linux Macomber
Verily I say unto thee, that thanatoid spake thusly: For a super-fast lo-resource Win browser, check out www.offbyone.com [quote] Click here to download the Off By One Browser Setup kit or ZIP file package, posted January 2, 2006. [/quote] A proprietary browser that hasn't been touched in over four years.... 10 Aug 2010 19:07
boot problem with 2.6.32.11
Hi I try to compile and boot a 2.6.32.11 vanilla kernel (last version compatible with xenomai - hard real time patch). compilation works fine but when I boot with the new kernel, I get a kernel panic error: PID 0: swapper is not tainted 2.6.32.11 #1 I have tried different solutions with and without xenomai p... 9 Aug 2010 08:59
100% without investment online part time jobs..(adsense,datawork,neobux..more jobs)
100% without investment….no registration fee…no need money… Online part time jobs…(googleadsense, dataentry…etc)all type of jobs… work from home..daily 2-3 hours…earn more money without any risk.. Full details at http://adsensejobworkfulldetails.co.cc/ More adsense tips,secrets,increasing money ,seo..a... 5 Aug 2010 01:35
Thunderbird - how do you install (or upgrade)?
I've been doing e-mail with Thunderbird 2.0, which was part of the Slackware 12.2 installation (kernel 2.6.27) that I'm running. I decided to go to a new version, so I downloaded a 3.1 upgrade. I'm used to building packages from source code tarballs, but this was a precompiled version - and after unpacking it, I ca... 7 Aug 2010 01:49
Pleasantly surprised by Linux...for a couple of days...The Short Happy Life of Francis Linux Macomber
RayLopez99 <raylopez88(a)gmail.com> wrote in news:3cde6025-dcd6-4a8a-acec-cd5c6568499d(a)c33g2000yqm.googlegr oups.com: <SNIP> No, I got cheap and good. It surfs the net (slower than Win2k or NT4 though), and it was a throwaway PC (cheap). For a super-fast lo-resource Win browser, check out www.offbyone... 10 Aug 2010 19:07
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11