First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
A newbie question - trying to resize a given 15GB vdi file to a bigger one
In article <597668e4-079a-4b05-a228- 5a884f14bb1b(a)r27g2000yqb.googlegroups.com>, tinodevexp(a)gmail.com says... Hello group :) I originally posted this question in the Ruby on Rails talk group but thought I should go ahead and ask it here as well (anybody who sees this twice - sorry for multiple posts) ... 16 Jul 2010 10:59
A newbie question - trying to resize a given 15GB vdi file to a bigger one
Hello group :) I originally posted this question in the Ruby on Rails talk group but thought I should go ahead and ask it here as well (anybody who sees this twice - sorry for multiple posts) I am very new to Linux (using it about a week or so.. I'm using a Windows Vista 64bit host machine, on which I instal... 19 Jul 2010 13:32
best way to dual boot with 2 disks?
I originally had a disk dual-booting 2 different versions of Windoze. Then I added a second disk and installed Linux on it. Now after defining where to install Linux, you get a choice which disk to boot from. I said first disk, although it warned me when I did this. It seemed to work with Fedora 6 and 10, but when... 16 Jul 2010 08:47
error 21
Is is possible to fix error 21? I pretty much know what I did. I was trying to create a bootable USB stick, and altered the grub settings for my computer rather than the usb stick. In the past when I've messed up my Linux machine, I've reinstalled from the Fedora CD (Fedora Live, followed by write to the hard... 16 Jul 2010 04:28
copying a boot usb
Hi, I have a usb key which is used to install embedded systems with linux. It's the only one I've got which will do this, so I've been trying to copy it. I examined the partitions and set a new usb key with the same partitions. I then used rsync to copy the files from the old usb key to a directory on my desk... 17 Jul 2010 03:24
upgrade Fedora without destroying data?
I have installed a few distros on a blank disk before. Now I have an old PC with Fedora installed, and wish to update to newer Fedora. If I get a Fedora DVD for a newer version, can I do an upgrade installation that updates Fedora (and packages) without reformating the disk? BTW it ext3 partition without LVM rubb... 12 Jul 2010 16:15
Noob questionzzz
Hi.. New to Debian, and not familiar with Linux at all, but I wish to do some work on a ham radio software package (Hamlib) but am having trouble getting a few other things working, that are related to that, and will be used to test the result. Firstly, I've done a fresh network install of Debian 5.0, on ... 11 Jul 2010 19:18
Stop Wi-Fi LED blinking
Hello everyone. Does anyone have a fix when using Fedora 13 (FC13) to allow the Wi-Fi LED on a laptop to be illuminated without blinking once a connection to an access point is established (IOW the way it works in MS Windows)? The fix that I was using with FC11 doesn't work with FC13. For the record I have ... 11 Jul 2010 00:46
linux suddenly won't boot
I've just turned on my computer, and instead of Linux booting as normal, I get a grub> prompt. What could be going on here? ... 9 Jul 2010 16:05
RAID1: HDD+SDD -- some benchmarks
Here are some speed results I obtained with a mixed HDD and SDD RAID1. I used a 3 disk setup, but 2 disk should be comparable. Setup: 3-way RAID1 HDD: 5400rpm 500GB/320GB notebook drives (WDC WD5000BEVT, WDC WD3200BEVT, SAMSUNG HM320JI) 37GB partitions in the middle of the dis... 6 Jul 2010 20:02