From: jny0 on
Is is possible to fix error 21?

I pretty much know what I did. I was trying to create a bootable USB
stick, and altered the grub settings for my computer rather than the
usb stick.

In the past when I've messed up my Linux machine, I've reinstalled
from the Fedora CD (Fedora Live, followed by write to the hard-disk)
and downloaded all the apps again (which takes ages and causes my much
heart ache!) In this case the CD won't boot, regardless of whether
it's first in the boot sequence. I can't get to a position where I
can alter the required .conf file, which I believe is all that's
required. It's my only Linux PC, so I can't create a bootable Linux
Super Grub USB/CD, but as it seems to be ignoring the other devices
I'm not sure what good that would do anyway.

Any ideas?
From: mjt on
On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 09:35:46 -0700 (PDT)
jny0 <jny0(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

> Is is possible to fix error 21?

Disk not found error.

> I pretty much know what I did. I was trying to create a bootable USB
> stick, and altered the grub settings for my computer rather than the
> usb stick.
>
> In the past when I've messed up my Linux machine, I've reinstalled
> from the Fedora CD (Fedora Live

Do you have SystemRescueCD or Knoppix? If no, do you
still have the Fedora Live CD to boot from?

Have you messed with any settings in the BIOS?

--
Politician, n.:
An eel in the fundamental mud upon which the superstructure of

From: mjt on
On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 13:07:41 -0500
mjt <myswtestYOURSHOES(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > In the past when I've messed up my Linux machine, I've reinstalled
> > from the Fedora CD (Fedora Live
>
> Do you have SystemRescueCD or Knoppix? If no, do you
> still have the Fedora Live CD to boot from?

BTW - I would suggest getting this:
http://www.supergrubdisk.org/

--
Don't feed the bats tonight.
<<< Remove YOURSHOES to email me >>>

From: jny0 on
I was trying to use a Fedora CD which I copied using Windows. It
seems this wasn't working. I used the original Fedora CD, gained
access to my files as a Live user, then reinstalled. I'm surprised
the Windows copied CD didn't work.