First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
DVD player newbie question...
On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 16:48:50 -0400, piscesboy <oraclmaster(a)gmail.com> wrote: I'm trying to find the name of my dvd device in Linux, so I use: With a recent kernel, I'd expect it to be /dev/sr0. Most distributions will create symlinks such as /dev/cdrom, and /dev/dvd pointing to the device. What distributi... 12 Jun 2010 17:05
Got it working! First post from inside Damn Small Linux! Need more help pls
RayLopez99 <raylopez88(a)gmail.com> writes: On Jun 12, 1:32 am, William Poaster <wp(a)64-bitBSD&Linuxmachines.com> wrote: operating system. Notice too how the troll still replies to me, even though he's been binned for years. Notice you're an idiot. The rest of us already did. I see Wi... 12 Jun 2010 06:05
Got it working! First post from inside Damn Small Linux! Need more help pls
J G Miller wrote: On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 14:08:52 -0700, RayLopez99 wrote: Can't stand it when Linux is shown to be second rate, can you (im)Poster? So why are you installing what you consider to be a second rate system? Because he wants to troll, hence the crossposting to unrelated groups like a... 11 Jun 2010 19:14
No mount after swinging LUN from NetApp to a new host "very bigdevice"
On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 05:37:11 -0400, Doug Freyburger <dfreybur(a)yahoo.com> wrote: I don't think this is a Qlogic driver problem because "fdisk -l /dev/sdl" sees the size and complains. It tells me to run parted instead just like I expect with a device over 2 TB. But that should not matter because it sees ... 11 Jun 2010 15:54
Got it working! First post from inside Damn Small Linux! Need more help pls
Mike Easter wrote: William Poaster wrote: Mike Easter wrote: ... RL trollishly started the thread in 3 groups You'll note he uses a pirated version of windoze too. How/where would I note /that/? You didn't follow the URL then, which (apart from giving a 'profile' of the troll) show... 11 Jun 2010 13:39
No mount after swinging LUN from NetApp to a new host "very big device"
Folks, I've got a 2+ TB NetApp LUN that has Oracle RMAN data as part of a technology refresh migration. We are currently using other storage on the NetApp over NFS to do the backup all over again but that will lose another day compared to using the data on the LUN. It looks like it will take 5+ hours to write ... 14 Jun 2010 22:55
Pleasantly surprised by Linux...for a couple of days...The Short Happy Life of Francis Linux Macomber
When I say "pleasantly surprised" I mean it in the way that you are "plesantly surprised" you don't get food poisoning eating at a greasy spoon locally owned interstate cafe on a road trip. You know, the kind found where Doofus lives, in the American Deep South, that have a hand painted sign that sez "Foods Here".... 12 Jun 2010 19:19
Simple hack to get $500 to your home
Simple hack to get $500 to your home at http://ukfullenjoy.co.cc Due to high security risks,i have hidden the cheque link in an image. in that website on left side below search box, click on image and enter your name and address where you want to receive your cheque.please dont tell to anyone. ... 11 Jun 2010 00:32
dpms without X
Hej! I would like to use my laptop without X, only virtual consoles and screen. But backlight should be off while I'm away (long compiler jobs). With X it's a simple xset dpms x y z, backlight switches off after x seconds. Without X running I can't get it to work. Tried vbetool dpms on setterm -powersav... 11 Jun 2010 07:01
Debian lenny Dell Power Edge T610
Alguem ja instalou o Debian no Dell t610? ... 9 Jun 2010 19:48
First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last