First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Did Debian's text console font change recently? How to get theold one back?
On 10/3/2009 2:03 PM PT, Ant typed: I haven't rebooted it yet to check the settings out. I will later. You should not need to reboot to reset the console fonts or properties. Just try running "/etc/init.d/console-setup start" Even better (no reboot). Heh, I had to run command this outside o... 4 Jun 2010 11:25
She kissed me
I feel like I'm just waiting to die! ... 4 Jun 2010 12:32
DSL 4.2.5 mouse (PS/2) not recognized...DAMN Damn Small Linux
Some background on me: programmer in C#, some of my programs are run commercially, own my own business, heavy Windows user, very knowledgeable about PCs (built about a dozen for myself and friends from scratch, all Windows machines) hand RedHat Linux dual booted about 12 years ago with NT. I have an old Pentium... 5 Jun 2010 20:12
SysAdmin from a smartphone
With Apple iPhones and Google Android smartphones, this is doable with a high degree of security. IMHO, the ideal smartphone interface would... 1. Not require much typing - I can't stand typing command lines using a tiny keyboard 2. Easy to expand to do the stuff that I do often 3. Navigation and displays optimz... 3 Jun 2010 14:30
Anybody use Linux? For old hardware, which distro?
Is there a Linux distro that is particularly good for media player use - DVD, .FLV, MP3 etc? ... 6 Jun 2010 10:30
need PIM with address book
Hi, can anyone recommend such a program please, freeware if possible. using ubuntu and xp onmy other pc thanx Don ... 3 Jun 2010 01:18
Anybody use Linux? For old hardware, which distro?
Thinking of using on an old 1998 laptop PC that presently has a Pentium II, with a built in generic Dell modem, USB mouse, 512k RAM (!), DVD/CD, running Windows XP fine now (very slow), some distro of Linux. In another thread I got into a debate about what's the best distro for a simple new Acer machine ($300) t... 7 Jun 2010 04:11
which is better: mount an ext3 disk from windows, or write anNTFS disk from Linux?
On 02/06/10 02:51, Nasser M. Abbasi wrote: I have some data on an ext3 file system. I want to use this data when I am on my windows PC also. I use vfat / fat32 formatted disks for this. Rgds Denis McMahon ... 2 Jun 2010 04:23
which is better: mount an ext3 disk from windows, or write an NTFS disk from Linux?
On Jun 1, 9:51 pm, "Nasser M. Abbasi" <n...(a)12000.org> wrote: Hello; Which you think would be better: I have some data on an ext3 file system. I want to use this data when I am on my windows PC also. I could do one of the the following: 1. Since linux support NTFS writing these days, I can... 2 Jun 2010 18:41
which is better: mount an ext3 disk from windows, or write an NTFSdisk from Linux?
Hello; Which you think would be better: I have some data on an ext3 file system. I want to use this data when I am on my windows PC also. I could do one of the the following: 1. Since linux support NTFS writing these days, I can create an NTFS disk, and copy the data to it while I am on linux. Then bo... 1 Jun 2010 21:54