First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
A newbie question - trying to resize a given 15GB vdi file to abigger one
with <i1vc7b$is$4(a)news.eternal-september.org> Aragorn wrote: *SKIP* With a real newsreader, you will be able to see all the headers of each post, when available. People who post from Google Groups have their "User Agent" listed as "G2". It should be noted that 'Message-ID:' header is cheap (instead ... 19 Jul 2010 05:54
A newbie question - trying to resize a given 15GB vdi file toa bigger one
> On 07/18/2010 01:18 PM, Aragorn wrote: Well, let me give you some more advice then, my friend... First of all, start by not using Google Groups anymore to post to Usenet. Although Google tries very hard to obscure this, Usenet is *not* a part of Google and never has been. Google only *archives* ... 20 Jul 2010 08:03
Am I doing this Grub2 upgrade correctly in my old Debian box?
Hello! I just did my daily apt-get update and upgrade today, but I ran into a grub2 upgrade (sorry for the messy menu screen pastes since my old Windows' SecureCRT v3.4.8 SSH2 terminal doesn't seem to handle the fonts and layouts nicely): # apt-get update Hit http://security.debian.org stable/updates Relea... 19 Jul 2010 06:58
always create the locations that need frequent I/O /home, swapon the outer tracks ?
Aragorn wrote: On Saturday 17 July 2010 12:38 in comp.os.linux.setup, somebody identifying as annalissa wrote... Hi all, The following is what i have read in a magazine named "linux for you" , To what extent this is true ? The general rule is that you should always create the locatio... 17 Jul 2010 10:52
always create the locations that need frequent I/O /home, swapon the outer tracks ?
annalissa wrote: Hi all, The following is what i have read in a magazine named "linux for you" , To what extent this is true ? The general rule is that you should always create the locations that need frequent I/O -/home, swap on the outer tracks , the easiest way to achieve this is to creat... 19 Jul 2010 03:46
A newbie question - trying to resize a given 15GB vdi file to a bigger one
On Saturday 17 July 2010 01:44 in comp.os.linux.setup, somebody identifying as Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote... tino schrieb: I am very new to Linux (using it about a week or so.. [...] I'm using a Windows Vista 64bit host machine, on which I installed the latest VirtualBox (3.2.6). The p... 17 Jul 2010 07:39
always create the locations that need frequent I/O /home, swap on the outer tracks ?
Hi all, The following is what i have read in a magazine named "linux for you" , To what extent this is true ? The general rule is that you should always create the locations that need frequent I/O -/home, swap on the outer tracks , the easiest way to achieve this is to create these partitions first when part... 17 Jul 2010 07:39
A newbie question - trying to resize a given 15GB vdi file toa bigger one
tino schrieb: I am very new to Linux (using it about a week or so.. I'm using Linux a bit longer, but still cannot give concrete advice :-( I'm using a Windows Vista 64bit host machine, on which I installed the latest VirtualBox (3.2.6). The problem occured when using a guest machine image based on L... 17 Jul 2010 08:43
A newbie question - trying to resize a given 15GB vdi file toa bigger one
J. Todd schrieb: I'm using a Windows Vista 64bit host machine, on which I installed the latest VirtualBox (3.2.6). Why? Why not resize the Vista partition with GParted and install Linux without the added layer? Caution: Resizing the Windows partition may kill recovery features :-( Too bad if ... 16 Jul 2010 19:51
Screen Size / Resolution tool Low in ViewSonic - VA703b in ubruntu.
I installed ubruntu latest version. I am unable to get 1280x1024 resolution. It is showing everythin is 800x600. I tried to use many codes But my system got couropted and I had to reinstall Ubruntu. Can someone suggest some simple solution to it? Bye Sanny ... 18 Jul 2010 00:55
First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13