From: Sanny on
I installed ubruntu latest version.

I am unable to get 1280x1024 resolution.

It is showing everythin is 800x600.

I tried to use many codes But my system got couropted and I had to
reinstall Ubruntu.

Can someone suggest some simple solution to it?

Bye
Sanny
From: The Natural Philosopher on

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/Config/Resolution

From: Ann Knight on
On 07/16/2010 09:50 AM, Sanny wrote:
> I am unable to get 1280x1024 resolution.

What video card do you have?

--
Thanks,
Ann

From: Matt Giwer on
On 07/16/2010 11:50 AM, Sanny wrote:
> I installed ubruntu latest version.
> I am unable to get 1280x1024 resolution.
> It is showing everythin is 800x600.
> I tried to use many codes But my system got couropted and I had to
> reinstall Ubruntu.
> Can someone suggest some simple solution to it?

Both KDE and Gnome have a system utility covering just about every variable
including setting screen resolution and multiple screens. Have a look for it
under the applications menu.

--
If Leon Uris were still alive he could write a
sequel entitled, Exodus II, Gaza!