First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
task manager like tool for linux?
coming from windows to linux, I find that I miss the task-manager tool on windows. I am running fedora 13, and I like the linux tools below the desktop (shell commands) and all the other command line development tools, and that is the main reason I am moving to linux. But I am finding that sometimes some de... 2 Jun 2010 18:41
Try this again: is Linux Linpus any good?
On Jun 1, 3:13 pm, General Schvantzkoph <schvantzk...(a)yahoo.com> wrote: Why would you want to use an obscure distro like Linpus?, just install Fedora 13 or Ubuntu. If it can run Linpus it can run any distro so you can use whatever you want. It takes 20 minutes to install Fedora so it shouldn't be a conce... 3 Jun 2010 00:13
Try this again: is Linux Linpus any good?
Update: Linux anti-Windows trolls please keep out. Aragon this means you, Chrisv, SinisterMidget, etc. I want to followup and ask whether Acer supports Linux Linpus, and whether, since the Acer PC does not have a CD/DVD (unless you get an extension USB type, which I might get), it's safe to say Linpus will last ... 6 Jun 2010 10:30
NAS server setup questions
Hello, We have a couple of old Dell PowerEdge servers with Dual Pentiums with 1 GB RAM and 4 160GB RAID disks. We don't know what type of RAID disks are on this system though. I would like to setup a NAS server using both the machines as one NAS server. Is there any tutorial on how to setup a NAS server? I ... 1 Jun 2010 02:11
Seriously, Linpus Linux--is it any good?
So for this non-power user who only surfs the net to check email, I'm thinking that I might get her a $300 ACER Aspire R3610 M330 320G RAM 2G Mini Desktop LINUX--running Linpus Linux (what a stupid name; sounds like a disease). But my concern is that though the screenshots look good from what I've seen in Google... 7 Jun 2010 09:38
scanimage sees scanner as root, but not as normal user?
Hello; I am setting up a linux system, I am running debian: Linux me 2.6.26-2-686 and need to understand the following: I have HP scanner. When I run the command scanimage -L as root, then the scanner is detected. When I run the command xscanimage as root, then the scanner works. But when I am a nor... 28 May 2010 23:36
apache and php [solved]
On Tue, 18 May 2010 20:02:26 -0700, Ohhhh maaan wrote: Just to be clear, I assume you are trying to set up a local web service where you can run PHP scripts over Apache? When accessing the local PHP files, I assume you mean over your web browser. If so, are you using http://127.0.0.1 or whatever is approp... 27 May 2010 15:55
Help in understanding a specific vmstat output
Hello, I am diagnosing an application problem on a production server. It is a Java based web application and, randomly, freezes due to long "full garbage collection" pauses (tens of seconds). This is vmstat output on one such occurrence: 19:53:17 2010: procs -----------memory---------- ---swap-- -----io---- --sys... 27 May 2010 05:58
unable to cd to a directory owned by me and have rw permission?
Hello, This is on debian: # uname -a Linux me 2.6.26-2-686 #1 SMP Wed May 12 21:56:10 UTC 2010 i686 GNU/ Linux I am trying Linux again after many years. And trying to remember many of its commands. But this one got me really confused. I copied a directory tree over as a root from another device as roo... 27 May 2010 07:03
EASIEST MCSE MCITP A+ CISCO MICROSOFT AND COMPTIA CERTIFICATION WITHOUT DUMPS
DEAR IT PROFESSIONALS NOW YOU CAN AVAIL 100% PASS ON ANY IT CERTIFICATION BY USING SERVICES OF PASSMCSEEXAMS.COM WE PROVIDE SERVICES OF 100% PASS IN ANY IT CERTIFICATION OR EXAM. WE ARE THE KNOWN IT EXAM SUBSTITUTING COMPANY IN THE PLACE. WE HAVE AUTHORIZED TESTING CENTERS WORLDWIDE. WHERE OUR PROFESSIONALS... 26 May 2010 09:08