First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Does anyone know how to cross compile the Linux kernel.
I want to be able to create Linux on a nice piece of hardware some day. ... 3 Apr 2010 11:30
Increase Linux Partition Size
Hi, I have a hard disk with size of 50GB and installed Windows with size of 30GB and Linux with remaining size. Is this possible to increase linux partition size from the allotted space from Windows? If so how to do this? Thanks ... 4 Apr 2010 03:56
Bind9 vs PowerDNS
I am seeking opinions on whether to use Bind9 or PowerDNS -- If you desire to respond directly remove the "sj." from the domain name part of my email address. It is a spam jammer. ... 1 Apr 2010 00:20
Aptitude Key Management Utility?
Is there an aptitude equivalent of apt-key? -- If you desire to respond directly remove the "sj." from the domain name part of my email address. It is a spam jammer. ... 28 Mar 2010 12:20
Can't see all drives on Linux
I recently tried Live CDs for YLMF Linux, Puppy Linux and UBCD4Win on my Vista Home Premium laptop. My folder security properties are the same for all hard drives. My drive configurations are as follows: Internal HD 1, C: & D: partitions External HD 2, J:, K: & L: partitions External 4 GB Flash drive Interna... 29 Mar 2010 08:00
Remote X11 App Resource Usage
I had intended to run X apps on my VPS account remotely. The VPS account is to be used as a web server that has the potential for a lot of traffic. The apps I intended to run on the VPS are Synaptic and Firestarter to help manage the web server. I have become concerned about resource usage if I do this. The VPS... 1 Apr 2010 12:21
compiling on 32-bit vs. 64-bit (gcc fails on 64-bit)
On a 64-bit Scientific Linux 5.4 machine, I get the following when I try to compile the basic "Hello world" program: [root]# g++ -Wall hello.cc -o hello /tmp/ccglIDXK.s: Assembler messages: /tmp/ccglIDXK.s:10: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `push' /tmp/ccglIDXK.s:38: Error: suffix or operands invalid for ... 25 Mar 2010 07:58
Partition header search tool? Trashed MBR trying to recoverdrive
On 2010-03-23, Doug Freyburger <dfreybur(a)yahoo.com> wrote: Does anyone know of a tool that can read a raw disk drive, scan for valid partition headers, and suggest what the original partitioning might have been before a disk was corrupted? Check out testdisk (http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk). It has... 24 Mar 2010 14:39
How to Get Synaptic Working on X11 Remote?
I installed PuTTy and enabled X11 forwarding on it. I made the SSH connection to the remote Debian OS. Using PuTTy SSH I installed Synaptic using the command "apt-get install synaptic." I installed Xming on my local Windows XP machine and it is running. Using PuTTy SSH I executed the "synaptic" command on... 25 Mar 2010 23:10
Open Source Programs (SysAdmin and NetAdmin)
http://sites.google.com/site/networkingtoolsinfosite/ Leaving this here. Excellent list of open source System Administration software. I found a program called FOG on this site that allows me to set up a Computer Image repo then slam all the PC's in the office with them using PXE and TFTP. Which is exactly wha... 3 Apr 2010 03:57