First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Protecting the Windows using Linux
Hi, The internet connection is in Linux (Host OS). I am just eager to know if i have Windows as a guest OS on Host OS(Linux), is it less possible for Windows to get infected by virus ? If Windows crashes, is there a mechanism to recover it from Host OS(Linux) ? Also, is there any mechanism to debug windows fr... 15 Feb 2010 03:15
Intel Graphics Under Debian Lenny (Blank Screen)
Hi, I'm currently trying to set up Debian (Lenny) to run on a flat panel, touch screen PC. The graphics card uses an Intel 945GME chipset. Unfortunately whenever I try and start Xorg using the intel drivers all I get is a blank screen (literally, no mouse cursor or anything). The screen flickers briefly a... 12 Feb 2010 22:26
cannot change current block/inode allocation
Hi all, I was trying to unable quota s on my ubuntu jaunty system, but i am getting this error sudo edquota -u testuser edquota: WARNING - /dev/sdb5: cannot change current block allocation edquota: WARNING - /dev/sdb5: cannot change current inode allocation contents of my /etc/fstab file are as follows:- ... 8 Feb 2010 23:39
GUI for /etc directory?
It seems, that /etc and its subdirectories is very complex. So i need help by a graphical user interface (GUI). Exists such a programm? -- Manuel Rodriguez http://aa5new.wordpress.com ... 8 Feb 2010 17:57
Pimp my GRUB
Bootloader GRUB has similar behavior like a mini-operating-system: it can draw images (splashscreen), can boot from network (ifconfig compiled into) and print files to screen (command cat). Is it possible to compile a webbrowser like w3m into grub, so i have a boottime of 2 seconds? ... 11 Feb 2010 01:45
install linux on blade server
Hi, I need to install centos 5.4 on a blade server. On 7 blades. I have always installed linux on familiar hardware before - ie PC - and used a dvd in the dvd drive to start the install. So my question is what media will I maybe need? usb drive, dvd, nfs exported dvd or something else. Any tip from someone ... 9 Feb 2010 09:27
swapped out hard drive into another computer, video problems
I have Fedora 12 running on an older computer. That computer started to get flakey so I put the hard drive into a newer computer as my boot drive. Now Linux wont recognize the new video card (which is built in on the motherboard). I dont know what the video card is to find out what driver I need. Is there a c... 7 Feb 2010 17:35
Sound - /dev/dsp
Hello, I am running Slackare 13 Linux on my laptop. One of the issues I have noticed recently is that when I have Firefox running on YouTube or similar site and then want to startup MPlayer/Audaciou or some audio/video client, the clients will not even start up. Even on command line, I cannot play any mus... 5 Feb 2010 12:48
SQUID problem;need help
Hi all, I'm using squid proxy. Everytime a browser proxying through squid tries to load a secure java applet, it comes up with a red x where the java applet should be. I found out that this was a auth problem of NTLM then i have edited the squid.conf by adding the folowing. " acl javaNtlmFix browser -i jav... 9 Feb 2010 07:15
Does anyone have pam_mount working well for RHEL 5?
I'm looking at some requests for auto-mounting of CIFS at work. pam_mount seems well designed to do just this, but there seems to be real RPM hell of backporting it from any actively supported version of Fedora: it looks like even for Fedora 10, it's dependent on XML support in PAM. And since the codebase for RHEL... 4 Feb 2010 12:17