First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
yum - No module named yum
I just upgrade from fedora 10 to fedora 11. When I tried to update with yum i get: yum updateThere was a problem importing one of the Python modules required to run yum. The error leading to this problem was: No module named yum Please install a package which provides this module, or verify that the mod... 2 Dec 2009 21:11
"E233: cannot open display" when starting gvim on ubuntu 8.04 root ?shell
On Oct 8, 3:53 pm, Allen Kistler <ackist...(a)oohay.moc> wrote: TsanChung wrote: On Oct 7, 7:51 pm, Allen Kistler <ackist...(a)oohay.moc> wrote: TsanChung wrote: On the root shell of Konsole on ubuntu 8.04. #DISPLAY=localhost:0.0 # xclock Error: Can'topendisplay: localhost:0.0 ... 20 Nov 2009 20:11
Fedora 12
12 was released a few days ago and despite my usual "let the other gut find the problems" approach I upgraded a recent Fedora 11 install. The 11 install was less that two weeks ago on a new machine. 1) It took forever. The install and upgrade times seem to be in direct proportion to the release number. 2) Th... 19 Nov 2009 19:43
Fedora Core 11: not booting
Hello, I recently burnt a Fedora Core 11 DVD. When I insert it and boot the system it says something like "booting in 10 seconds" or something and the 10 decreases one second at a time until once done the screen goes blank instead of showing something like with the ubuntu dvd which I was able to burn and use. ... 25 Nov 2009 05:57
Did something break when I updated today (sysv-rc, sysvinit,& sysvinit-utils)?
On 11/13/2009 1:02 AM PT, Keith Blow typed: I do. I use deborphan, debfoster, etc. daily when I do apt-get update and upgrade daily. :) I also have tight free disk space so I have to watch them. You have to use orphaner --purge to get it to actually remove all the config files. Is there a wa... 14 Nov 2009 12:13
Linux KVM software?
That's KVM "Keyboard/Video/Mouse" as in the electronic box you used to get, with which you could connect up one set of {K V M} to several PCs. More recently, there's software been developed, by which you can control a remote computer similarly, with the necessary signals going over Ethernet. trouble is, all the ... 12 Nov 2009 22:59
Did something break when I updated today (sysv-rc, sysvinit, & sysvinit-utils)?
# apt-get install sysv-rc sysvinit sysvinit-utils error: Unable to migrate to dependency based boot sequencing. error: Problems detected: package wifi-radar left obsolete init.d script behind, package and removed but not purged, package at removed but not purged, package cups removed but not purged, package fe... 12 Nov 2009 17:22
proper way to use atomic.h
Hello- It seems that if I just do #include <asm/atomic.h> I don't get what I expect, in particular CONFIG_SMP is not defined and LOCK_PREFIX is "", and the "atomic" operations aren't actually atomic. If I do #include <linux/autoconf.h> #include <asm/atomic.h> then everything works fine. Am I supposed ... 10 Nov 2009 15:12
sendmail won't use relay
A RHEL5 client set up properly to send to another host as a relay doesn't do it. Yes, the "DS" field is set up in sendmail.cf, sendmail daemon restarted a million times, etc etc. Everything looks fine, it just doesn't work. Why does it try to send the mail itself? Shouldn't even attempt a DNS lookup. The mailhost ... 10 Nov 2009 08:03
Error when installing the latest nvidia driver on Ubuntu 9.04[resolved]
On Sat, 31 Oct 2009 18:15:48 -0500, John Thompson <john(a)vector.os2.dhs.org> wrote: Perhaps you have some spurious 32-bit OpenGL liraries on your system? I'm not familiar enough with Ubuntu to know if perhaps your previous attempts to install the driver using Ubuntu's tools (envy?) installed 32-bit Open... 1 Nov 2009 07:47