First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
partition structure/layout
Hi all, I have recently rewad in some tutorials that structure/layout of a linux partition is as shown here :- http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd339/aarklon/partition.png now is this same layout/structure used for both primary and logical partitions ? ... 29 Dec 2009 20:50
Packet.dll and which wpcap.dll
Hi, I am setting up the Ethereal in Cygwin. I downloaded the ethreal source code file ethereal-0.99.0-1.src.rpm and followed the instructions as mentioned in INSTALL file to set it up in cygwin environment. I did the following - Step 1 - ./configure But, i got the below error after i executed the abov... 28 Dec 2009 17:22
Ethereal on cygwin - 'which Packet.dll' and 'which wpcap.dll' ??
Hi, I am setting up the Ethereal in Cygwin. I downloaded the ethreal source code file ethereal-0.99.0-1.src.rpm and followed the instructions as mentioned in INSTALL file to set it up in cygwin environment. I did the following - Step 1 - ./configure But, i got the below error after i executed the abov... 27 Dec 2009 13:00
Mount problems SCSI and USB
Hello NG, Merry Christmas to everyone. I have a problem: My Linux box runs with an IDE disk as a system disk (hda1) and swap-partition. Then I have an adaptec SCSI with an external Hardware Raid5 usualy as sda1 mounted in /raid Then I have an external USB-Disk usualy sdc1 mounted in /raid/external. The Whol... 25 Dec 2009 08:15
Scanning windows from linux
Hi, Is there a virus scanner that can scan the windows from linux environment ? Hope the virus scanners and security related tools are available for free. Thx in advans, Karthik Balaguru ... 30 Dec 2009 23:07
Getting updates into Fedora: best procedure?
I've got a client using some very recent versions of software in RHEL 5, which weren't installed via RPM. To aid them in package management, I'm trying to get updates to projects like 'proj' and 'clearsilver' into Fedora, so that they also get into EPEL and will be easily available in the future. And I'm finding Fe... 23 Dec 2009 13:42
SOLVED: Linux DNS expiring on Active Directory DNS server
Some time back, I growsed here about the difficulty keeping a static Linux server's DNS information alive in a Windows Active Directory server that had DNS expiration turned off. There turn out to be two workable solutions. 1) Use dynamic DNS on the Linux client. This will keep refreshing the DNS information, an... 27 Dec 2009 07:37
KERNEL - Thermal, fan, processor and other modules built-in
Hi all! I recently got the new kernel ( v 2.6.32 ) and i wasn't going to wait for pre-compiled ones, so i tried to compile it by myself... but i have some doubts: i have an eeepc ( 1000HE - the one with ralink card ) and i thought it could be a good idea to compile the thermal, ahci, processor, fan, and battery mod... 9 Dec 2009 17:45
Problem when upgrading Debian from stable (lenny) to testing (squeeze)
I just got a VPS for private use, and wanted to upgrade it to Debian testing (squeeze) in order to have newer packages. The actual version was Debian stable (lenny). What I did is simply : 1. edit /etc/apt/sources.list and replace lenny with squeeze 2. run apt-get update 3. run apt-get dist-upgrade This... 7 Dec 2009 20:42
Installing 'crux' Linux on Microsoft Virtual PC
I just ran into a company that uses 'crux' for their Linux appliances. In order to look at it, I tried to install crux on Microsoft Virtual PC, but had various difficulties installing the kernel and getting it to boot. (Kernel installation is a manual process for this stripped down Linux.) Has anyone gotten this... 4 Dec 2009 09:32