First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Samba and posix acls
I'm trying to use samba between two linux machines, and am having some trouble getting it to handle default acls just right. Here is an example: ntd(a)server ~humanoids $ getfacl . # file: . # owner: root # group: humanoids user::rwx group::rwx other::--- default:user::rwx default:group::rwx #effective:r... 11 Sep 2009 13:58
No sound for Acer Aspire M3202 desktop computer on 32-bit kubuntu 8.04
No sound for Acer Aspire M3202 desktop computer on 32-bit kubuntu 8.04 when playing a CD with Amarok. However, sound is working for the same computer playing the same CD on windows vista, so hw is not the issue. Acer does not support linux so they do not answer my question. $ aplay -l **** List of PLAYBACK Hard... 5 Sep 2009 12:04
Some questions about linux administration...
Write commands, which are able to do following from shell level: A. send a signal to desired process B. find files which names are matched to desired pattern C. find files whos contents are matched to desired pattern D. cut a range of characters from every line E. view last N lines from desired file F. execute de... 11 Sep 2009 16:13
Cannot configure graphical mode for FC10
Hi all I am trying to install FC10 on a desktop machine. I am over-writing an existing installation of FC7, which worked ok. For some reason I cannot get it to work in graphical mode. The installation gave a very mixed-up screen that was unreadable, so I installed in text mode successfully. I am now trying to ... 16 Dec 2008 02:09
Printing PDFs through CUPS
Having some trouble printing PDFs through CUPS (v1.2.4 on CentOS 5 and same behaviour is occuring on RHEL5). The PDFs are being created through the PHP PDFlib (7.0.3) and the printer is a Datamax I-4212 label printer printing onto a roll of 4x6" labels. I also have the rastertodpl filter installed. Printing ... 21 Sep 2008 16:54
Unable to run VMware v5.5.8 in my Debian due to vmmon version mismatch
Hi! I am using Debian. I had VMware v5.5.7 and upgraded to v5.5.8 (installed into /home/Programs/VMware558/ for doc, man, and lib), but I am having problems starting my VMware even after running vmware-any- any-update115.tar.gz (and vmware-any-any-update117d.tar.gz) and making modules successfully. When I try... 12 Sep 2008 08:36
New video card.
I need a more capable video card to go with my old but high end monitor, a Sony G520 The only vga card I could find on Tiger Direct is a PNY GeForce 5200 256MB PCI w/Dual VGA to be delivered tomorrow. However I now find that software drivers are required for Windows. Must I install software drivers for Slackwar... 15 Aug 2008 16:10
no boot sector on usb drive
I've installed Centos 5.1 Linux to a USB drive and have set my laptop to boot from the USB port. When I select the USB Drive as the boot device it displays "No Boot Sector on USB Drive" then procedes to boot from my internal HD with WinXP. Does anyone know how I get a boot sector on my usb drive? I thought the li... 9 Jul 2008 05:29
Strange mount
Hello all, Does this seem normal ? I find having both rootfs and /dev/root mounted on / weird... It's a minimalist embedded linux system. # df Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on rootfs 394.6M 7.9M 386.7M 2% / /dev/root 394.6M 7.9M ... 22 Apr 2008 17:13
Internet connection problem
Biinu wrote: Hello, I have 'successfully' installed FC8 in a Shuttle XPC SK32G2. ADSL disconnects after 30 to 40 minutes. Following some internet suggestions, SE Linux & Fire wall are disabled, still the same result. The system required reboot to start the internet connection again. [Was using... 21 Dec 2007 04:35