From: Matt Giwer on
Biinu wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have 'successfully' installed FC8 in a Shuttle XPC SK32G2. ADSL
> disconnects after 30 to 40 minutes. Following some internet
> suggestions, SE Linux & Fire wall are disabled, still the same result.
> The system required reboot to start the internet connection again.
>
> [Was using XP to download FC8 install media, the connection was stable
> then]
>
> Any suggestions?

I have no idea how to fix it but have you tried pinging something every 20
minutes? Or does it disconnect even if you are using it? If that latter I
suggest talking to your ADSL provider. If the former look for some timeout
setting some place. Never used anything but dial up and cable myself.

--
If Ron Paul starts winning primaries Republicans will discover electronic
voting fraud.
From: Nico Kadel-Garcia on
On 19 Dec, 05:19, Matt Giwer <jul...(a)tampabay.REMover.rr.com> wrote:
> Biinu wrote:
> > Hello,
>
> > I have 'successfully' installed FC8 in a Shuttle XPC SK32G2. ADSL
> > disconnects after 30 to 40 minutes. Following some internet
> > suggestions, SE Linux & Fire wall are disabled, still the same result.
> > The system required reboot to start the internet connection again.
>
> > [Was using XP to download FC8 install media, the connection was stable
> > then]
>
> > Any suggestions?
>
>         I have no idea how to fix it but have you tried pinging something every 20
> minutes? Or does it disconnect even if you are using it? If that latter I
> suggest talking to your ADSL provider. If the former look for some timeout
> setting some place. Never used anything but dial up and cable myself.

And Shuttles are notorious for cooling issues when mishandled. Have
you put in any thermal monitoring to look for overheating?

And are you directly connected to the Internet or a local office
network, or what?