From: Boardstretcher on
http://sites.google.com/site/networkingtoolsinfosite/

Leaving this here. Excellent list of open source System Administration
software.

I found a program called FOG on this site that allows me to set up a
Computer Image repo then slam all the PC's in the office with them
using PXE and TFTP. Which is exactly what I was looking for.

Really great list.

Oh and a program called Synergy which allows your mouse cursor move
from computer to computer. So you can set up 5 monitors and 5
computers and have the mouse move from one to the other.

Thanks to whoever made the list of software. Keep it up.
From: Alex Stubbins on
Boardstretcher wrote:
> http://sites.google.com/site/networkingtoolsinfosite/
>
> Leaving this here. Excellent list of open source System Administration
> software.
>
> I found a program called FOG on this site that allows me to set up a
> Computer Image repo then slam all the PC's in the office with them
> using PXE and TFTP. Which is exactly what I was looking for.
>
> Really great list.
>
> Oh and a program called Synergy which allows your mouse cursor move
> from computer to computer. So you can set up 5 monitors and 5
> computers and have the mouse move from one to the other.
>
> Thanks to whoever made the list of software. Keep it up.
This is a nice list. Thank you.
From: Bob Martin on
>Boardstretcher wrote:

>> Oh and a program called Synergy which allows your mouse cursor move
>> from computer to computer. So you can set up 5 monitors and 5
>> computers and have the mouse move from one to the other.

I discovered Synergy a few days ago - best thing since sliced bread!
Wish I'd found it years ago.
From: Sidney Lambe on
On comp.os.linux.setup, Bob Martin <bob.martin(a)excite.com> wrote:
>>Boardstretcher wrote:
>

>>> Oh and a program called Synergy which allows your mouse cursor move
>>> from computer to computer. So you can set up 5 monitors and 5
>>> computers and have the mouse move from one to the other.
>
> I discovered Synergy a few days ago - best thing since sliced bread!
> Wish I'd found it years ago.

A sysadmin who uses a mouse. Whatta joke.

Sid