First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Now, my Debian thinks I have SCSI for my old IDE/ATA drivesafter installing Kernel 2.6.32-4?
On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 06:30:52 -0700, Ant rearranged some electrons to say: On 6/6/2010 3:37 PM PT, Kenneth Scharf typed: In my case I'm using SATA hard disks and IDE DVD/CD rom dirves. Strangely enough, the system finds the SATA hard disks as /dev/sda and /dev/sdb, while the optical drives show up a... 28 Jun 2010 06:14
xmms and Ubuntu don't mix!
Recently some cow orkers talked me into installing Ubuntu on a new box. (I've been a Slackware fan from the beginning.) I was quite impressed. The installation was considerably simpler than Slackware - and _much_ easier than Windows - while being prettier than either. Upgrading the installation to 10.4 (the insta... 1 Jul 2010 06:40
Now, my Debian thinks I have SCSI for my old IDE/ATA drives after installing Kernel 2.6.32-4?
Wolfgang.Draxinger wrote: <snip> This recommendation dates back to the days where hard disks were so small, <snip> Wolfgang I believe this was prior to journalled filesystems as well? If you system crashed, having multiple partitions meant possibly only losing one of them, instead of the whole O... 27 Jun 2010 12:48
Testing Linux
Testing Linux op -- Nightwind65 ... 29 Jun 2010 12:57
Landscape printing
Dave Stratford wrote: Hi folks, I'm using FC11 and trying to print a web page out of firefox on a stylus-photo-r1900. I cannot find anywhere in the print dialogue that opens up anything that allows me to set landscape printing. Can anyone advise please. are you saying the print dialogue on fir... 22 Jun 2010 17:08
Recommend OCR programs?
Fedora 13 user. Anyone able to recommend any OCR programs for document scanning, etc...? Free is preferred, but I will settle for cheap. ... 19 Jun 2010 23:14
Fedora 13, how do I get OpenGL support?
I simply assumed that since GLX was installed on my Fedora 13 release, that OpenGL support was available for my version of X. But compilation of an xscreensaver I got revealed to me that is was not the case. I'm trying to install some OpenGl screensavers on my Gnome desktop, and running the ./configure file on th... 16 Jun 2010 21:01
No mount after swinging LUN from NetApp to a new host "very big device"
Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote: Doug Freyburger <dfrey...(a)yahoo.com> wrote: The source host is old: Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 3 (Taroon Update 8) Stop *RIGHT* there. RHEL 3? E-w-w-w-w-w-w-w! The source host is the source for the migration effort because of that. Check. No way am I going... 15 Jun 2010 12:01
Debian pkg mgmt database/system irreparably broken
Hi, After upgrading from Ubuntu 8.04 to 10.04, the package management system seems to have become irreparably damaged; the package flashplugin-nonfree fails, and I can not remove it, upgrade it, nothing. I'm trying the standard repair commands, but no effect. When I do an upgrade (either apt-get upgrade f... 25 Jun 2010 16:28
Pleasantly surprised by Linux...for a couple of days...The ShortHappy Life of Francis Linux Macomber
The Natural Philosopher wrote: RayLopez99 wrote: On Jun 11, 2:08 pm, Nico Kadel-Garcia <nka...(a)gmail.com> wrote: You're still being pretty insulting. I would say I'm being realistic. Your big problem is that you shot yourself in the foot using a deliberately stripped Linux to accomplis... 12 Jun 2010 20:24