From: Richard Kimber on
On Tue, 18 May 2010 20:02:26 -0700, Ohhhh maaan wrote:

> Just to be clear, I assume you are trying to set up a local web service
> where you can run PHP scripts over Apache? When accessing the local PHP
> files, I assume you mean over your web browser. If so, are you using
> http://127.0.0.1 or whatever is appropriate, or are you using
> file:///path/to/file.php? Is it downloading the file (prompting asking
> what you want to do) when accessing over http? If so, it sounds like you
> don't have the appropriate file type set up. Do CGI scripts work (even
> in scriptaliased directories), or do those want to download, too?

I was doing it by http://127.0.0.1 etc. and it had worked fine before.

It turned out that /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/php5.conf had some stuff in
it that had to be commented out to allow users to use php. Just having
the php module enabled was not enough it seems.

- Richard.
--
Richard Kimber
Political Science Resources