From: Nasser M. Abbasi on
Hello;

Which you think would be better:

I have some data on an ext3 file system. I want to use this data when I
am on my windows PC also.

I could do one of the the following:

1. Since linux support NTFS writing these days, I can create an NTFS
disk, and copy the data to it while I am on linux. Then boot to windows
and access this disk (it is USB disk), so I can read it from that disk
to my windows disk.

2. Leave the data in the ext3 USB disk, and use some utilities I saw on
the net which is suppose to allow one to mount ext3 disk on windows.

Then from windows, read the data out from ext3 to a windows disk. Such
tools I saw in this article in Linux Journal
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/9449 (3 years old). and googling
around there seem to be other tools.

What is the more reliable way? on windows, I will be just
reading/copying the data from ext3 disk, not writing back to ext3 disk.

I think option 1 is the easiest and may be safest?

thanks
--Nasser