From: J.B. Wood on
Hello everyone. Does anyone have a fix when using Fedora 13 (FC13) to
allow the Wi-Fi LED on a laptop to be illuminated without blinking once
a connection to an access point is established (IOW the way it works in
MS Windows)? The fix that I was using with FC11 doesn't work with FC13.
For the record I have a Dell Latitude E6500 laptop. Thanks for your
time and comment. Sincerely,
--
John Wood (Code 5520) e-mail: wood(a)itd.nrl.navy.mil

Naval Research Laboratory
4555 Overlook Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20375-5337
From: Arno on
In comp.os.linux.setup J.B. Wood <john.wood(a)nrl.navy.mil> wrote:
> Hello everyone. Does anyone have a fix when using Fedora 13 (FC13) to
> allow the Wi-Fi LED on a laptop to be illuminated without blinking once
> a connection to an access point is established (IOW the way it works in
> MS Windows)? The fix that I was using with FC11 doesn't work with FC13.
> For the record I have a Dell Latitude E6500 laptop. Thanks for your
> time and comment. Sincerely,

Not really the fix you are looking for, but I use black electric tape
for annoying light sources.

Arno
--
Arno Wagner, Dr. sc. techn., Dipl. Inform., CISSP -- Email: arno(a)wagner.name
----
From: bosco on
On 2010-07-09 12:21:52 -0600, Arno <me(a)privacy.net> said:

> In comp.os.linux.setup J.B. Wood <john.wood(a)nrl.navy.mil> wrote:
>> Hello everyone. Does anyone have a fix when using Fedora 13 (FC13) to
>> allow the Wi-Fi LED on a laptop to be illuminated without blinking
>
> Not really the fix you are looking for, but I use black electric tape
> for annoying light sources.
>
> Arno

Ditto, I used tape for an overly bright high beam indicator in a car I
owned. Cheap, works fine, lasts a long time,

From: Chris Cox on
J.B. Wood wrote:
> Hello everyone. Does anyone have a fix when using Fedora 13 (FC13) to
> allow the Wi-Fi LED on a laptop to be illuminated without blinking once
> a connection to an access point is established (IOW the way it works in
> MS Windows)? The fix that I was using with FC11 doesn't work with FC13.
> For the record I have a Dell Latitude E6500 laptop. Thanks for your
> time and comment. Sincerely,

I have the same one.. same problem using openSUSE 11.2
(if that matters)
From: Chris Cox on
Chris Cox wrote:
> J.B. Wood wrote:
>> Hello everyone. Does anyone have a fix when using Fedora 13 (FC13) to
>> allow the Wi-Fi LED on a laptop to be illuminated without blinking once
>> a connection to an access point is established (IOW the way it works in
>> MS Windows)? The fix that I was using with FC11 doesn't work with FC13.
>> For the record I have a Dell Latitude E6500 laptop. Thanks for your
>> time and comment. Sincerely,
>
> I have the same one.. same problem using openSUSE 11.2
> (if that matters)

Actually, I have the E6510, but same behavior.

Pages: 1
Prev: linux suddenly won't boot
Next: Noob questionzzz