From: Frencia on
Hi

I try to compile and boot a 2.6.32.11 vanilla kernel (last version
compatible with xenomai - hard real time patch).

compilation works fine but when I boot with the new kernel, I get a kernel
panic error: PID 0: swapper is not tainted 2.6.32.11 #1

I have tried different solutions with and without xenomai patch. It seems to
be related to the scheduler but I can't find a solution.

Anybody can help ?

JPF
From: Arno on
Frencia <jean.pierre.frencia(a)wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> Hi

> I try to compile and boot a 2.6.32.11 vanilla kernel (last version
> compatible with xenomai - hard real time patch).

> compilation works fine but when I boot with the new kernel, I get a kernel
> panic error: PID 0: swapper is not tainted 2.6.32.11 #1

> I have tried different solutions with and without xenomai patch.
> It seems to be related to the scheduler but I can't find a solution.

> Anybody can help ?

> JPF

Interesting. Xenomai has instructions for buiklding a Debian
package on top of this version here:
http://www.xenomai.org/index.php/Building_Debian_packages
That means it works at least in some kernel configs.

So I take it this still fails without the xenomai patch?

First advice would be to try the current 2.6.32 kernel, that
would be 2.6.32.17. Then try newer kernels. I suspect a bug
in 2.6.32.11.

Arno

--
Arno Wagner, Dr. sc. techn., Dipl. Inform., CISSP -- Email: arno(a)wagner.name
----