From: Chris Ahlstrom on
Homer posted this message in ROT13 encoding:

> Verily I say unto thee, that thanatoid spake thusly:
>
>> For a super-fast lo-resource Win browser, check out www.offbyone.com
>
> A proprietary browser that hasn't been touched in over four years.
>
>> No javascript, no flash, 100% safe browsing without bells/whistles.
>
> Try this "super-fast lo-resource browser" instead:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/arora
>
> Javascript, flash, 100% safe browsing with bells/whistle.
>
> And unlike "OffByOne" is cross platform, currently maintained, GPL
> licensed, and scores 100% in the Acid3 test.

It's in the Debian repository, too.

--
How many months are we going to be behind them [Redhat] with a glibc
release?"
From: mjt on
On Sat, 07 Aug 2010 06:04:51 +0100
Homer <usenet(a)slated.org> wrote:

> 24MB resident, according to "top", although I can't test the Windows
> version, as I don't have Windows.

WINE :)

--
Real programmers don't comment their code. It was hard to write,
it should be hard to understand.

From: TomB on
["Followup-To:" header set to comp.os.linux.advocacy.]
On 2010-08-09, the following emerged from the brain of Homer:

http://www.tinyogg.com

--
BOFH excuse #68:

only available on a need to know basis