From: Mike Jones on

Slack 12.2

Need an audio editor with some kind of graphic interface. Nothing too
fancy required as just basic stuff like cutting\pasting plus section
volume adjustments etc. to be carried out with it.

Anybody got a favorite for Slackware?

--
*=( http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/
*=( For all your UK news needs.
From: Barnabyh on
On Fri, 16 Jul 2010 20:14:09 +0000 (UTC)
Mike Jones <luck(a)dasteem.invalid> wrote:

>Slack 12.2
>
>Need an audio editor with some kind of graphic interface. Nothing too
>fancy required as just basic stuff like cutting\pasting plus section
>volume adjustments etc. to be carried out with it.
>
>Anybody got a favorite for Slackware?

Barnabyh replies:

Audacity any good? I think it's on SlackBuilds. Rosegarden is more
advanced.

--
Barnaby.Hoffmann
Reg. Linux User #398054

From: jr4412 on

http://freshmeat.net/projects/mhwaveedit/
From: Sylvain Robitaille on
Mike Jones wrote:

> Anybody got a favorite for Slackware?

I use both Audacity and Ardour quite regularly. It seems to me that for
what you would like to do, Audacity is the best known, as you can see
from the replies to your message. It's very easy to use, once
installed.

Another I've used in the past is Sweep, and one I've been using for well
over a decade (it does still exist, and is still on my Slackware music
workstation, though I use it only occasionally now, and for the simplest
tasks only, although it can do more than I use it for), is DAP.

I hope this helps ...

Sylvain Robitaille syl(a)encs.concordia.ca

Systems analyst / AITS Concordia University
Faculty of Engineering and Computer Science Montreal, Quebec, Canada