From: Brian V on
Hi. I have been told that a graphics card can superceed a monitors
resolution. I was wondering if you can get your monitors resolution higher (I
assume they are only built a certain way), and how to check out your monitors
maximum resolution.

I looked in Start-Control Panel-Display-Settings: There I found the screen
resolution and colour quality. I can troubleshoot and click advanced.

I believe that the screen resolution for my monitor is 1440 x 900 pixels.
That is the farthest right it goes and where the More word is.

Acer AL1916W monitor.

Is this what my graphics card puts out or my monitor?
From: Schloicka on

"Brian V" wrote:

> Hi. I have been told that a graphics card can superceed a monitors
> resolution. I was wondering if you can get your monitors resolution higher (I
> assume they are only built a certain way), and how to check out your monitors
> maximum resolution.
>
> I looked in Start-Control Panel-Display-Settings: There I found the screen
> resolution and colour quality. I can troubleshoot and click advanced.
>
> I believe that the screen resolution for my monitor is 1440 x 900 pixels.
> That is the farthest right it goes and where the More word is.
>
> Acer AL1916W monitor.
>
> Is this what my graphics card puts out or my monitor?

It's the maximum resolution your monitor will handle. Your video card will
probably give you a higher resolution if you went to a bigger monitor.
From: Brian V on
Thank you.