From: Mason C on
Copied and pasted from a web designer's page:

"This demo describes the effect in greater detail."

All wise men and women know that if they tap their
mouse somewhere they will see a demo. It's implied.

I, for one, am not a wise man. I hate these hidden-link easter eggs

Must pride in the aesthetics of design supersede utility?

masonc
From: Ed Mullen on
Mason C wrote:
> Copied and pasted from a web designer's page:
>
> "This demo describes the effect in greater detail."
>
> All wise men and women know that if they tap their
> mouse somewhere they will see a demo. It's implied.
>
> I, for one, am not a wise man. I hate these hidden-link easter eggs
>
> Must pride in the aesthetics of design supersede utility?
>
> masonc

Pride will /always/ supercede everything.

I find myself at a loss to comment further lacking some specific URL
and/or example of what you describe.

I still wish you a very merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Yes, this is somehow narrow and focused. For that, well, I apologize.
We westerners do recognize that others have other observances and
beliefs and we acknowledge them.

Me? On the whole God thing? Oy! Don't even ask!

On the holiday and government thing? Don't get me started!!!

Anyway. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net
From: Ed Mullen on
Mason C wrote:
> Copied and pasted from a web designer's page:
>
> "This demo describes the effect in greater detail."
>
> All wise men and women know that if they tap their
> mouse somewhere they will see a demo. It's implied.
>
> I, for one, am not a wise man. I hate these hidden-link easter eggs
>
> Must pride in the aesthetics of design supersede utility?
>
> masonc

"Design." "Effect." "Demo."

Do these terms give you a clue?

Just my harsh reaction. Without a URL I am shooting in the dark.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net
From: Mason C on
On Thu, 24 Dec 2009 22:50:25 -0500, Ed Mullen <ed(a)edmullen.net> wrote:

>Mason C wrote:
>> Copied and pasted from a web designer's page:
>>
>> "This demo describes the effect in greater detail."
>>
>> All wise men and women know that if they tap their
>> mouse somewhere they will see a demo. It's implied.
>>
>> I, for one, am not a wise man. I hate these hidden-link easter eggs
>>
>> Must pride in the aesthetics of design supersede utility?
>>
>> masonc
>
>"Design." "Effect." "Demo."
>
>Do these terms give you a clue?

Huh? No.

>Just my harsh reaction. Without a URL I am shooting in the dark.

QED Easter egg hunt (oh, excuse me -- you don't believe in Easter bunnies)

The egg was the word "demo" -- easy guess for wise men.