From: Mason C on

What objection, if any, is there to doing this?

body { SCROLLBAR-FACE-COLOR: #ccffcc; SCROLLBAR-TRACK-COLOR: #AAAA66;
SCROLLBAR-ARROW-COLOR: #ffff00;
}

(I know it won't validate.)

I have a good monitor, well adjusted, and often find it slightly difficult to find
the gray-on-gray scroller. (Also, I like to match the colors to the page design.)

masonc

From: rf on
Mason C wrote:
> What objection, if any, is there to doing this?
>
> body { SCROLLBAR-FACE-COLOR: #ccffcc; SCROLLBAR-TRACK-COLOR: #AAAA66;
> SCROLLBAR-ARROW-COLOR: #ffff00;
> }
>
> (I know it won't validate.)

And only works in one specific browser.

From: Chris F.A. Johnson on
On 2009-12-25, Mason C wrote:

> What objection, if any, is there to doing this?
>
> body { SCROLLBAR-FACE-COLOR: #ccffcc; SCROLLBAR-TRACK-COLOR: #AAAA66;
> SCROLLBAR-ARROW-COLOR: #ffff00;
> }
>
> (I know it won't validate.)

It doesn't do anything at all.

--
Chris F.A. Johnson <http://cfajohnson.com>
Author:
From: Mason C on
On Fri, 25 Dec 2009 03:54:01 GMT, "rf" <rf(a)z.invalid> wrote:

>Mason C wrote:
>> What objection, if any, is there to doing this?
>>
>> body { SCROLLBAR-FACE-COLOR: #ccffcc; SCROLLBAR-TRACK-COLOR: #AAAA66;
>> SCROLLBAR-ARROW-COLOR: #ffff00;
>> }
>>
>> (I know it won't validate.)
>
>And only works in one specific browser.

and Opera

Not a reason to not use it for benefit of MSIE and Opera users

masonc

From: Beauregard T. Shagnasty on
Mason C wrote:

> "rf" <rf(a)z.invalid> wrote:
>>Mason C wrote:
>>> What objection, if any, is there to doing this?
>>>
>>> body { SCROLLBAR-FACE-COLOR: #ccffcc; SCROLLBAR-TRACK-COLOR: #AAAA66;
>>> SCROLLBAR-ARROW-COLOR: #ffff00;
>>> }
>>>
>>> (I know it won't validate.)
>>
>> And only works in one specific browser.
>
> and Opera
>
> Not a reason to not use it for benefit of MSIE and Opera users

Does nothing at all in my:
Opera/9.64 (X11; Linux i686; U; en) Presto/2.1.1

--
-bts