From: Jen32 on
That seems to have done the job Fred thanks...the form is displaying the
control as greyed out when i open it again. There's one other small thing
(typical woman i know !)....i've got a report based on that form which
displays the list of managers names down the left hand side and the relevant
info opposite. When i run the report, all the managers names are greyed out
instead of just the one i selected. Is it possible just to have the one i
selected or is it more trouble than it's worth ?

Thanks again,
Jen